Carolina Crown 2013

Just checked out "Einstein on the Beach" on youtube. Not a Glass in the first place but this piece made we want to put ice picks in my ears. Not sure what they will be able to do with a piece that is so repetitious..

But on a lighter note check out the Lego dance version. Some drill ideas maybe. LOL

A co-worker has the audio of the entire work and will say it's not my cup of tea (still to this date I have not been able to make it through), but what they are using enough and well done. Even if I did not know what they were playing and had personally heard it over the winter camps.....I would bet money that Michael Klesch would have would have chosen great music and arranged them masterfully (as always).

• Like 1

I have heard dark (black/dark grey)... with colored accents. Also, very winter percussion-ish.

Have not seen the picture.

Really? an entire DCI corps wearing WGI jammies? :throwupen:

• Like 1

Bluecoats did the WGI uniforms that year they took off their jackets... something to do with cloud people.

so Crown would not be the first.

Wasn't a huge fan about that either... same with BD last year.

I'm somewhat of a traditionalist when it comes to uniforms. The WGI type unis don't stand out well enough in big stadiums anyway. Makes the corps look really tiny.. and individuals pop out easier.

• Like 1

Wasn't a huge fan about that either... same with BD last year.

I'm somewhat of a traditionalist when it comes to uniforms. The WGI type unis don't stand out well enough in big stadiums anyway. Makes the corps look really tiny.. and individuals pop out easier.

Somehow I think this will not be a concern...

• Like 1

They won't know what hit them. Polite crowds who appreciate good tone and quality shows. Never once heard a boo on the west coast.

I miss the Velvet Knights. I think their shows were appreciated perhaps even more out of state than they were perhaps in state.

• Like 3

Somehow I think this will not be a concern...

Please, go on. :)

• Like 1

This is not a hype post. This is a fact based post. The west coast will not know what hit them when Crown takes the field in June.

Eyes will open wide, mouths will drop and babies will be thrown from the stands

By definition, I'm pretty sure this post is text book hype.

hype transitive verb

Definition of HYPE

: put on, deceive

: to promote or publicize extravagantly <hyping this fall's TV lineup>