Carolina Crown 2013

I can't seem to find it anywhere, and there don't seem to be any tracks on the album matching this length, so I thought I'd ask here.

What is the actual name of the track from THE ABYSS soundtrack that Crown is using for their Ballad this year? Everywhere it's listed, including Crown's Website, it's just called "The Abyss." This is the track I'm talking about:

I can't seem to find it anywhere, and there don't seem to be any tracks on the album matching this length, so I thought I'd ask here.

What is the actual name of the track from THE ABYSS soundtrack that Crown is using for their Ballad this year? Everywhere it's listed, including Crown's Website, it's just called "The Abyss." This is the track I'm talking about:

I think it's just "The Abyss Theme" by Alan Silvestri. Or so I've seen in my searches.

That's not a track from the OST. It might be an edit of track 13. Finale

• Like 1

That's not a track from the OST. It might be an edit of track 13. Finale

Upon further research, the track in the YouTube clip is from an album called "Cinema Choral Classics" with the artist being Alan Silvestri for that track. I think Alan Silvestri must have been involved with it. After listening to Track 13 from THE ABYSS OST, that theme is in there briefly, but nowhere near as much as it is in the YouTube Clip I posted earlier.

The reason I'm asking is actually kinda mushy lol. I'm getting married the day before Easter next year. My fiancée has put me in charge of the music before the wedding. I had a great mix, but I decided to change it after hearing this. The first time I heard Crown play it with the narration, it instantly reminded me of how I feel about my fiancée, so I have to put it in there. :thumbup: I've posted a new thread with that list rather than posting it in here:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/156771-pre-wedding-music/

Back on Topic: Good luck tonight, Crown!!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Edited by KakkoiiOtaku
  • Like 2

I finally got around to listening to the source material Einstein on the Beach, I fell in love with Crown's show all over again. Gave me another level of appreciation on what they are doing and how it was arranged. So cool to hear the 1st movement of the Einstein on the Beach (Source Material) with the counting and same chord progression as Strauss' piece Also Sprach Zarathustra aka "2001 Space Odyssey Theme". Love it. Great arranging and execution. Now the show makes more sense musically if not before.

Congrats Crown! This is a special season! Live it up, it will be over before you know it!

• Like 1

Crown did not disappoint me tonight!!!During the long intermission I was thirsty so I left to get some thing to drink until I saw the line, so I left the stadium and walked up the street to see if there was store or something at the top of the street...well, got to the corner and all of a sudden there was a blast of sound that made me forget my thirst ,well Crowns brass was hiding out in a little court yard surrounded by dorms.....there was a few people watching them but assuming they staff because they were huddled by the water coolers....what a great birthday ....it was almost if I had them to myself.....for 3 minutes and then they lined up to go perform....I still cannot get around their energy and sound, almost electric and the fans just loved them, the only corps there tonight two get 3 standing ovations. I was there with my Aunt who didn't know to much and I explained to her about BD and Crown rivalry over the past couple of years

Cadets were great as well, great sound, but there was a few little mistakes that cost them, Very little mistakes.......but in the top there those mistakes are crucial to scores.

Congrats on the 1.35 pt lead.

Great Job Tonite Crown!! See you in Bentonville Arkansas Tuesday!

Edited by msumello
  • Like 3

Crown did not disappoint me tonight!!!During the long intermission I was thirsty so I left to get some thing to drink until I saw the line, so I left the stadium and walked up the street to see if there was store or something at the top of the street...well, got to the corner and all of a sudden there was a blast of sound that made me forget my thirst ,well Crowns brass was hiding out in a little court yard surrounded by dorms.....there was a few people watching them but assuming they staff because they were huddled by the water coolers....what a great birthday ....it was almost if I had them to myself.....for 3 minutes and then they lined up to go perform....I still cannot get around there energy and sound, almost electric and the fans just loved them, the only corps there tonight two get 3 standing ovations. I was there with my Aunt who didn't know to much and I was explaining to her about BD and Crown rivalry and I had just got done saying that Crown was the best and exactly after I said that I heard a girl right behind me telling one of her friends

"Blue Devils are stuck up and think they're better than everyone else,"My aunt looked over at and and I smile turned and gave the girl the thumbs up and she tells her friend

"See" I said I "I just got telling my Aunt BD plays for the points, Crown plays for the fans"

" Right on" she said ......shoulda got her number.....o well....beat BD 1.35 points tonite.......

Cadets were great as well, great sound, but there was a few little mistakes that cost them, Very little mistakes.......but in the top there those mistakes are crucial to scores.

Great Job Tonite Crown!! See you in Bentonville Arkansas Tuesday!

Why is it necessary for you to make this about BD? Why can't a great corps like crown survive on it's own merit. And BTW...they do just fine without your hyperbole. The kids at BD have tremendous respect for CC and work just as hard... so don't try to characterize them as some mythical uncaring elitests. BTW, if you saw all the BD and CC kids hugging each other after finals last year.....you'll know how inaccurate and unfair your comments really are. Rivalry is fine, but characterizing it like you did was totally unnecessary.

Edited by Plan9
  • Like 6

Why is it necessary for you to make this about BD? Why can't a great corps like crown survive on it's own merit. And BTW...they do just fine without your hyperbole. The kids at BD have tremendous respect for CC and work just as hard... so don't try to characterize them as some mythical uncaring elitests. BTW, if you saw all the BD and CC kids hugging each other after finals last year.....you'll know how inaccurate and unfair your comments really are. Rivalry is fine, but characterizing it like you did was totally unnecessary.

Completely agree!.

If they were to actually volunteer during the tour they would see how untrue his/her comments are.

It is quite frustrating when bandos come on and belittle other corps to make themselves feel oh so much better.

Green + for you Plan.

BD/Crown kids have been around each other a LOT. They all share so much in common that the minor differences like the uniform you're wearing at the moment hardly matters.

Rivalry and competition are fun so long as they're always taken in that spirit and kept in the proper perspective. grouphug.gif

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 2