Carolina Crown 2013

"My God..........it's full of stars!" (excerpt from 2010 A Space Odyssey)

Congratulations to the MM's, Parents, Staff and Supporters of this great Carolina Crown organization. Your friendship and camaraderie with an amazing Blue Devils corps was evident last night at retreat.....testimony to a healthy and deep respect you have for each other. Wear this first ring (of what I suspect to be many) with pride and accomplishment for the rest of your lives.

I couldn't agree more. It was wonderful to see the MM's mingle, hug, and snap pictures together. SOOO many people around us (mostly all "old guard") were highly impressed with this display of affection for each other. It was heartwarming, for sure.

As is your post, Plan. You're a class act all the way.

This was my first finals I went to, rooting for Crown like crazy this season. I don't know if the atmosphere is always as charged Is it? It just seemed as though Crown just fed off the crowds reaction. I stood up I don't know how many times, my dad kept looking at me, he'd never been to finals either. Though they had a lot of fan support for 2012, it just seemed finals night just belonged to Crown, and they knew that they were going to take it. It was my 3rd time watching Crown live and it was just mind blowing the level of improvement between each competition. I hope next year the write both percussion and brass books at the same time, they do that, and keep up the guard and spectacular brass. Now that you have been "Crowned" let your golden age begin!

This is the first year I've pulled for Crown all season. Congrats to them for such a wonderful show that brought top performance and an emotional connection to the audience.

Congrats to all other corps in both Open and World class for a wonderful season and I look forward to what each brings next year.

Being there when Crown won was just like when my favorite team won the Super Bowl. What an amazing weekend and thank you so much Crown for everything.

Did Crown make a "studio" recording this year?

Yes, the morning of Prelims. Here's hoping for not only the standard Brass only ... but the percussion only as well. I missed that last year. :(

This is just awesome. I love these kind of videos.