Carolina Crown 2013

Ground Control to Major Tom... come in please ! :help:/>

Well . . . in the most basic of basic examples, this law states that every object with mass is exerting an attractive force on all other objects with mass. In essence: everything has a gravitational pull and everything is pulling on everything else. So, as it relates to Crown and the park bench, each of the lovers on the bench are exerting an attractive force upon the other (because obviously they each have mass), and as the song progresses, this attractive force brings them closer and closer together until they finally kiss. Hence "mass attraction" is a very clever and nerdy pun.

• Like 3

I would wait until you're seated in a stadium under lights watching them from start to finish before judging the continuity of their

program. Youtube videos are not a great recreation of the mood Crown or any corps is creating for us to critique on show construction.

Why are you assuming that I haven't seen the corps live?

For the record, I have....several times, and all of them were full runs.

Einstein on the Beach is an opera in four acts (framed and connected by five "knee plays" or intermezzos), composed by Philip Glass and directed by theatrical producer Robert Wilson.[1]

The opera eschews traditional narrative in favor of a formalist approach based on structured spaces laid out by Wilson in a series of storyboards.[2]

The music was written "in the spring, summer and fall of 1975."[3] Glass recounts the collaborative process: "I put [Wilson’s notebook of sketches] on the piano and composed each section like a portrait of the drawing before me.

The opera contains writings by Christopher Knowles, Samuel M. Johnson and Lucinda Childs.[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einstein_on_the_Beach

Two parts that I found interesting – the "Synopsis" which includes the discussion of a "non-plot" and the absence of a plot and ...

"Structure" which includes a section called "Train" and "Night Train" which is represented by the syncopated counting (which is actually "Solfége" ... The technique of solfège involves studying small sequences of notes (each note being sung to a particular syllable) and singing the sequences in different keys. The sequences gradually get more difficult in terms of intervals and rhythms used.) in the original and Crowns take ...

FWIW (I haven't watched the show enough yet to remember ...) does the horn line kneel 5 times during the show ... for the "knee plays"

Edited by ashevillemurphy

Well . . . in the most basic of basic examples, this law states that every object with mass is exerting an attractive force on all other objects with mass. In essence: everything has a gravitational pull and everything is pulling on everything else. So, as it relates to Crown and the park bench, each of the lovers on the bench are exerting an attractive force upon the other (because obviously they each have mass), and as the song progresses, this attractive force brings them closer and closer together until they finally kiss. Hence "mass attraction" is a very clever and nerdy pun.

good reply, imo

I hope that Crown exerts a powerful force on me and pulls me in. They have in the past. I don't want anybody nor anything to fall back down to earth this season if I can help it.

• Like 1

I'm much less cerebral... here's how I think...

mass attraction : a large number of people, perhaps two large groups attracted to each other.

mass attraction: two large people, like in sumo suits spinning around the field finally bouncing into each other.

mass attraction: an inner urge to attend church.

• Like 2

Einstein spoke about love...

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.

Albert Einstein

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

Albert Einstein

Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

Albert Einstein

Love is a better teacher than duty.

Albert Einstein

• Like 2

haha!!... the guy on this does a better job of singing this than David Bowie ( ok, so thats not saying very much I know, but still.... ) :thumbup:

Then there was a movie about " Fatal Attraction ", but lets not go there as then this'll become a Phantom Regiment thread discussion in the blink of an eye if you get my drift.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2