Carolina Crown 2013

Honestly, I'm with the group of people that feels that this narration during the ballad just kills the momentum of the show. Personally, the first 1/2 of the show is genius, and if the 2nd half were as good as the first half, I would be sitting here announcing Crown as the next World Champion in 2013....but if the 2nd half doesn't have some serious revisions made (i.e., narration taken out of the ballad, the stale, boring closer that doesn't match the feeling of the rest of the show, etc) then Crown may have a tough time keeping up with the Blue Devils this season.

Honest question...how does this poem convey E=mc2 ?

Well, I'm not trying to speak for the Crown staff, but that part of their show is called "Mass Attraction" and Einstein was key in determining how gravitational mass affects spacetime with his law of universal gravitation. Surely there's a deeper explanation, but the play on words is enough for me.

Edited by Citizen-Seth

Honestly, I'm with the group of people that feels that this narration during the ballad just kills the momentum of the show. Personally, the first 1/2 of the show is genius, and if the 2nd half were as good as the first half, I would be sitting here announcing Crown as the next World Champion in 2013....but if the 2nd half doesn't have some serious revisions made (i.e., narration taken out of the ballad, the stale, boring closer that doesn't match the feeling of the rest of the show, etc) then Crown may have a tough time keeping up with the Blue Devils this season.

I would wait until you're seated in a stadium under lights watching them from start to finish before judging the continuity of their

program. Youtube videos are not a great recreation of the mood Crown or any corps is creating for us to critique on show construction.

• Like 1

I would wait until you're seated in a stadium under lights watching them from start to finish before judging the continuity of their

program. Youtube videos are not a great recreation of the mood Crown or any corps is creating for us to critique on show construction.

YouTube videos are all we have to go on before the season starts.

Waiting to give criticism (positive or negative) is not DCP's strong suit. And I say that as a good thing. We (collectively) can't wish more corps would put out material while at the same time wishing more people would just "wait for the real thing" before passing any kind of judgement.

Of course people are going to give their opinions on what they've seen. Even if it is just a video. This is a discussion forum, and right now, YouTube vids are our only link to the shows we're discussing.

No.......1990 was the first DM AND first female DM.

Thanks! I wasn't aware of the early years.

Honest question...how does this poem convey E=mc2 ?

While the show is titled is E=MC2 , the program is essentially Einstein on the Beach for Marching Brass, Percussion, and Colorguard.

The poem is part of EOTB.

∴ The poem is part of E=MC2.

And this is all my interpretation of the show. The designers may have more or different things to say.

If your next question is: why is the poem in EOTB, I refer you to this documentary.

Interestingly both of the original collaborators felt strongly that each audience member should determine what the production means for themselves with their own knowledge of Einstein as the framework for that understanding.

Edited by corpsband

that part of their show is called "Mass Attraction" and Einstein was key in determining how gravitational mass affects spacetime with his la of universal gravitation.

Ground Control to Major Tom... come in please ! :help:

I'm in awe that there are 117 pages in this thread and the season hasn't even started! Anyways, I've watched the show online three times now and I was a bit skeptical at first, but I am warming to it big time- they will compete for 1st with this show!

• Like 2