Carolina Crown 2013

I don't know how many times I've listened/watched the run thru.....I'm really liking all this, the narration which I thought originally was annoying, has passed and it doesn't bother me anymore........I'm telling the way things are looking, at least to me, this is going to be a phenomenal show!!!The brass book is amazing, the guard uniforms look great, though the knew uniform may not be traditional, the color and stripe will make them look taller. The drum line sounds really good and I just can't wait for when I see them in Warrensburg on July 11th, on top of seeing them it'll be my birthday!That opener and the ending is just going to blow away everyone in Indianapolis!!

• Like 1

Last night!

Wow! It's going to be fun watching this program develop over the summer. Looks like the narration is back in the ballad with a different narrator.

It's a little better with a different narrator because he sounds more natural.

I'm not sure what the record is but damm there are a lot of tosses high in the air from this color guard in this show.

Ok, just checked out the vid from last night. Man, what a show. So. Many. Notes. The runs after the perc feature could be one of the best things ever, should they clean it.

About the ballad narration... I guess my beef with it is that (in addition to seemingly coming out of the blue) the narrator simply sounds nothing like the voice in the original. In every recording of the original that I have heard, this portion sounds like an old man telling a tale. It may not bother me so much, but the other vocals are spot on (the counting, which I love), so the difference is glaring (to me). Also, the fact that the narrator ends up nearly shouting his lines doesn't work for me. Of course, it's June, so let's see what comes of it.

All that said, I am really looking forward to seeing this both on FN and live. It's shaping up to be a great year (some questionable uni choices aside...)

I'm not sure what the record is but damm there are a lot of tosses high in the air from this color guard in this show.

They are really really good for this time of year. Seems like the guard has a a lot of talent. Holy cow! Amazing choreo go crown!

I believe a 10 from Herbert Washington in '10 and '11 Crown shows. BD might have a few 9s in some. Highest ever, don't confirm me on this, is probably from Onyx winterguard this year, but I think that was a saber.