Carolina Crown 2013

Back then shows didn't have 100's of drill sets...

They also didn't do half the stuff drum corps do today. I can't understand why people are still complaining about unfinished shows. It happened in the past, and still happens. But people still attend the shows.

• Like 2

They also didn't do half the stuff drum corps do today. I can't understand why people are still complaining about unfinished shows. It happened in the past, and still happens. But people still attend the shows.

I think that's the thing people fail to realize. When a show has 150-200 sets, plus all of the body movement that has to also be added in, it takes a long time to finish the show and get it presentable. A corps isn't going to put a terrible product out there on the first day just to have a show done. Guess some fans just want everything perfect right from the beginning. Finals ready in June or nothing?

Not enough people complain about incomplete shows ( nor half a judging panel ), and people do seem to be ok with paying full price for incomplete shows, and DCI imposes no penalties on incomplete shows, and they don't care.

So.... we get people paying good money in June to see incomplete shows and so thats what we'll get each and every year. Besides, why demand changes in unacceptable things, when we're happy and content with these incomplete shows each and every year, because afterall " it happened in the past ". I don't disagree at all that there are apparently lots of happy and content fans with incomplete shows every year at this time. And I don't disagree that we'll see staffs provide us incomplete shows in the future either, nor that fans won't be ok with this standard practice of incomplete shows into the future. I just pointed out that we should have changes in this practice, as in my view it is not acceptable. But I guess I'm in the minority on this and so I'll just have learn to accept incomplete shows as the norm and so thats that I guess.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Not enough people complain about incomplete shows ( nor half a judging panel ), and people do seem to be ok with paying full price for incomplete shows, and DCI imposes no penalties on incomplete shows, and they don't care.

So.... we get people paying good money in June to see incomplete shows and so thats what we'll get each and every year. Besides, why demand changes in unacceptable things, when we're happy and content with these incomplete shows each and every year, because afterall " it happened in the past ". I don't disagree at all that there are apparently lots of happy and content fans with incomplete shows every year at this time. And I don't disagree that we'll see staffs provide us incomplete shows in the future either, nor that fans won't be ok with this standard practice of incomplete shows into the future. I just pointed out that we should have changes in this practice, as in my view it is not acceptable. But I guess I'm in the minority on this and so I'll just have learn to accept incomplete shows as the norm and so thats that I guess.

While i understand what your gripe is about, I'm sure half those fans realize how much work it takes these days to put a show together. We want shows to be entertaining but then complain when the entire show isn't finished on time. And for the rest of my point, I refer you to Fsubone's comment above.

Guess some fans just want everything perfect right from the beginning. Finals ready in June or nothing?

Nobody on this thread stated they are looking for perfection right from the beginning. So I have no idea what you are talking about with this reply. As for me, I don't even look for perfection as an attribute in shows that most moves me as a factor. I'm looking to be entertained. I've been more entertained by some Corps incomplete shows in June, than some other Corps fully " perfected " product offering of August. So again, its not about perfection levels at all.... whether its June or August. So thats not the issue. It about putting out an incomplete show of any kind by June 3rd. This should never become the acceptable norm to me. But I see no point in belaboring the point as most are ok with the norm of late June incomplete shows, see no reason at all for changes in this practice, and so I've learned to live with it as well.

Edited by BRASSO

I blame Tekk !

(edit) and Ream.. Can't forget to blame Jeff :-)

Me??? Lol what did I do???

By the way, I am starting the pledge drive again to send me to finals, therefore, every time my name is mentioned on a thread, you guys will donate $1 to the "send Tekk to finals" drive.

Thank you.

• Like 1

While i understand what your gripe is about, I'm sure half those fans realize how much work it takes these days to put a show together. We want shows to be entertaining but then complain when the entire show isn't finished on time. And for the rest of my point, I refer you to Fsubone's comment above.

So the shows back in the 80's weren't entertaining? Most of them were complete by the start of the season.

So the shows back in the 80's weren't entertaining? Most of them were complete by the start of the season.

Oh come on, you are misinterpreting what I said and missing the point. Besides, I can't answer that question because I was a child. I didn't make any implication about the shows back then not being entertaining. Don't try putting out a fire where there is none.