Have DCI Standings Actually Stagnated?

yet the last regional circuit was killed off.......in a move led by the World Class corps.

funny how that happened

If that's true then what's wrong with different structures for different periods? I mean restructuring is necessary every so often in business and no one structure can suffice for every operational phase of an organization.

Well, like all restructuring it takes time. I would like for DCA to grow large enough it becomes responsible for all regional touring. No national champs etc. and then I would like DCI to focus on just World Class national touring.

I would not be at all surprised that eventually we'll find that DCI and DCA merge. It won't happen overnight, and they'll be some resistence in some quarters in both circuits to do so, but in the end, this is where I see this all heading eventually... even with or without the G7. But who knows. We'll eventually see what shakes out.

Edited by BRASSO

I would not be at all surprised that eventually we'll find that DCI and DCA merge. It won't happen overnight, and they'll be some resistence in both circuits to do so, but in the end, this is where I see this all heading eventually... even with or without the G7. But who knows. We'll eventually see what shakes out.

I would have no problem with a merger like that.

National Touring

Weekend Only Regional Touring

SoundSport

And.... Blah blah drumline thingy...

Edited by charlie1223

I would not be at all surprised that eventually we'll find that DCI and DCA merge. It won't happen overnight, and they'll be some resistence in some quarters in both circuits to do so, but in the end, this is where I see this all heading eventually... even with or without the G7. But who knows. We'll eventually see what shakes out.

Quite possible, long term. There would have to be a lot of groundwork done to prepare for such a merger. and you are right...there will be a lot of resistance on both sides. It would be one way to have a WC touring division, a weekend only Open class type of division, plus the all-age component.

Well, like all restructuring it takes time. I would like for DCA to grow large enough it becomes responsible for all regional touring. No national champs etc. and then I would like DCI to focus on just World Class national touring.

In case you were not aware, DCA is also a national circuit. There are no local or regional circuits in operation anymore.

I know. I said I would "like"...

Again, DCA is a national circuit. That means that like DCI, their focus is going to be on the all-age activity at the national level. Their voting membership will be corps that qualify at the national level, largely determined by placement at the national/world championship. Those corps will direct DCA rule and policy making toward the agenda of national level corps, not local/regional corps.

My previous post was not specific enough - sorry.

While you say that Spartans do not have other Open Class corps around them that doesn't mean they will immediately fold. They may still appear at DCI and DCA shows and could even compete in DCA if they really wanted.

I think what this boils down to is would Open Class be more successful for DCI if it was more regional? Maybe not today but in the future possibly. Weekend drum corps is becoming increasingly popular especially as WGI gains in popularity.

so then you want no all age national championships of its own, just under the DCI banner? Or do you feel they do not deserve to have one?

and Spartans, or any OC corps can not compete in DCA while also being in DCI. They may however get scored on DCI sheets at a DCA show.

Now, can OC corps do more to market themselves? Very much so. But , DCi's efforts to market OC much have been, IMO, pretty #### poor. The tour goes to where people aren't, so that doesn't help exposure either.

I wouldn't take that personally.

I didn't take it personally. Hey if Nero and his 6 apprentices want to keep fiddling while everything burns, go for it.

• Like 1