TOC/G7 Related Discussion

I'm ok with the negative. :)

more than " ok " on it, lets be real here... you THRIVE on it ( haha ). I know the drill.

So, do we officially have the TOC/G7 stuff out of the way for another year?

Has everyone figured out that this will be yet another season where the top 7 or 8 are the same, with a huge dip in quality down to the next tier?

• Like 2

Your rationale is insulting to all of us because it suggests that people simply say stuff to get ratings. I'm not that shallow that I need the emotional support of a bunch of anonymous people, most of whom I've never met. I'm sure some are that shallow, but I doubt you'll find of that type of personality here.

It could just simply be a way to agree or disagree with the message of the post. If it's written poorly and Mike Boo reds it, so be it, but that's hardly a popularity contest.

Since you feel insulted that I make fun of such a childish form of evaluating other postings, then my rationale for making fun of the green goo vs. the red threats is more than likely rather accurate. :tongue:

• Like 1

I've got to stand up for Nana Boo, because she was never into popularity contests.

Hey...I'm just trying to play along with the part about rambling...and helping to prove your point. :rolleyes:/> :shutup:/>

Rambler-56.png

Sorry, Boo. No ill intent was there against your Nana (nice ride though)

Has everyone figured out that this will be yet another season where the top 7 or 8 are the same, with a huge dip in quality down to the next tier?

I'll wager that it's still the most contentious subject in the activity and far from going away.

I'll be interested to hear what comes from the corps BOD meeting in Chicago this weekend.

And I think I'll wait to offer an opinion about this season until I see Madison, BAC, Spirit, etc.

And, of course, Cavies.

Illustrative of what, "Nana, Nana, Boo, Boo, I Red Tag You"? These green/red things are only illustrative of a type of middle school popularity contest and only relevant in that context; many times a great and wonderfully thought out post receives red negatives, and ramblings with no supportive basis whatsoever gets greened. Sort of reminds me of the way Sally Field accepted her Oscar with the statement, "You Like Me, You Really Like Me!". That is why I do not engage in the game, and I actually make fun of it in my tag line.

Since you feel insulted that I make fun of such a childish form of evaluating other postings, then my rationale for making fun of the green goo vs. the red threats is more than likely rather accurate. tongue.gif

Hardly sounds like "make fun" talk, Stu. But I can play...

You have 4100 posts and only plus 460 or so rating. LOSER!

(Just making fun, of course. :tongue:/>)

No - I think it more likely that he asked someone to do it. I happened to look at his profile last week and although he had a well deserved bad rep, it was somewhere in the range of the mid negative 100s. To go from that to over a million in a week - even a year is impossible. It had to have been changed by a mod or hacked. I'd like to think DCP has pretty good security to prevent that sort of thing.

Much to the surprise of Stu, I didn't pay attention to his ratings last week.

I'd love to know how he did it (if he actually did), and whether this is Ream's secret as well.

:tongue:/>

Yeah. No real reason to go spend any money on it, is there? Every year, same old same old.

Sorry, Boo. No ill intent was there against your Nana (nice ride though).

We had a Rambler, but Grandma insisted on calling it a Nash, as that was her car when she was still driving. All the neighborhood kids knew her as "Nana" and would come to her with scrapes and bruises and ask, "Nana, can you fix me?" I don't know how she became the neighborhood doctor, but I witnessed that more than once. Perhaps because she was usually home and had a full supply of bandages, ointments and tinctures. I can't see someone doing that today in our litigious society.

Of course, if any of our grandparents hadn't met, we wouldn't be here. However, it hit me even harder when she told me that when she was awaiting processing at Ellis Island as a four-year-old with her parents, she strayed away a bit and a stranger came up to her and said he could take her to where there was lots of candy. She was from a poor family and the thought of candy after a long trans-Atlantic cruise appealed to her young mind. She was being led away when her father found her and chased off the stranger.

Okay...now I have to tie this into the G7 discussion. To some, it seems that corps have been led away from the rest of the drum corps family with the promises of candy; lots and lots of attractive green candy that they prefer to keep in their trick-and-treat baskets. Others among the hoi poloi have tried pulling them back, but they've continued to walk towards the door. What happens when they walk through the door is unclear.

For now, all the corps will still meet on our own Ellis Island, a place that welcomes all and excludes none and invites the tired, the poor and all the wretched refuse of our teaming shore to make themselves at home. Perhaps some day, some on the island will spy the beckoning of Trump Tower across the waves and will set up residence in more exclusive digs. The others, recognizing that Ellis Island is attached to New Jersey by a bridge, will walk across it and order burgers and chicken fingers at the Café Skylines of the nearby Liberty Science Center, well within walking distance.