TOC/G7 Related Discussion

The 1970's... so relevant to now.

So, what you mean by your statement is that the Rolling Stones are not selling out massive stadiums 'today', correct?

The 80's ... so relevant to now

So, what you mean by your statement is that U2 not selling out massive stadiums 'today', correct?

The 90's.... so relevant to now.

So, what you mean by your statement is that the Dave Matthews Band is not selling out massive stadiums 'today', correct?

• Like 2

So, what you mean by your statement is that the Rolling Stones are not selling out massive stadiums 'today', correct?

So, what you mean by your statement is that U2 not selling out massive stadiums 'today', correct?

So, what you mean by your statement is that the Dave Matthews Band is not selling out massive stadiums 'today', correct?

Each of those are selling primarily to an audience that is reliving their youth and is becoming progressively older.

Drum corps is dependent on continued interest of youth.... it is a youth activity. Period.

Ahhhh... Spin Doctor PR, instead of truth in advertising, came up with the moniker. That makes sense.

Do you even know anything about this firm?

Super principled, very selective, very religious (not only the owner... a lot of the people there come from similar backgrounds),

I 'highly' disagree, and here is why: Your scenario only yields the same Finalist corps every year because they would be the only ones competing with each other all summer each season. A 13th place corps, if they want a realistic shot at Finals the next season, has to also do the national tour the next season or kiss the idea of ever being in Finals goodbye. The 14th place corps, needing to keep pace with the 13th place corps, must then follow suit. This domino effect of 'required' national touring to keep pace certainly does occur down the line, not by a 30th place corps. but at least to the 15th or 16th place corps.

You will note that he is talking about the early days of DCI back in the 70's.

Do you even know anything about this firm?

Super principled, very selective, very religious (not only the owner... a lot of the people there come from similar backgrounds),

Some of these attributes, while nice and all, aren't necessarily relevant to most people and really shouldn't have anything to do with a successful firm.

I mean, the youth today are all about minimizing the differences between one another and they look for that in most aspects of their life. I'd guess that they be more interested in variety in all things...

Edited by jjeffeory

Some of these attributes,while nice and all, aren't necessarily relevant to most people and really shouldn't have anything to do with a successful firm.

The point was simply that it is absurd to make a blanket statement about PR professionals as truth bending spin doctors, especially when it is a firm that is very selective about clients and refuses quite a lot of work on both principles and religious beliefs.

There are firms you can certainly say are out there to make a money any way they can and have little regard for the truth. This is not one of those firms.

The point was simply that it is absurd to make a blanket statement about PR professionals as truth bending spin doctors, especially when it is a firm that is very selective about clients and refuses quite a lot of work on both principles and religious beliefs.

There are firms you can certainly say are out there to make a money any way they can and have little regard for the truth. This is not one of those firms.

Ah, okay. I'll try to look at the statement as such, instead of as an opportunity to bring the topic of religious beliefs into a DCP discussion. satisfied.gif

I'll agree with you that is it absurd to make a sweeping generalization about some PR professionals.

I have a similar thing about attorneys.

Attorneys are an exception. devil.gif

Unless they're super principled, very selective, and very religious right? devil.gif