TOC/G7 Related Discussion

Surf probably pretty well in souvie sales, but towards the top? Doubtful. I've done souvies for a couple corps... did a show on show comparison of revenues a few years back for several corps (top, finalist, non-finalist).

I'm sure Surf did pretty well this year, but there is a massive gap.... 6 figure gap... in what top corps do and even other finalists.

yes. A birdie not connected to Surf in any way shape or form told me little ole Bill Ives, he of the duck races, and selling anything he can find a way to sell, was top 6.

• Like 1

actually, bylaws do need to be re-written Dan. They are what drives the organization. bylaws are what caused the upheaval in 2010 when the Board lost members. No one can just go in and take control.....the rules the organization put in place don't allow it.

Jeff: You are 'assuming' that the D-Ray, along with Hopkins, Gibbs, really care about adhering to the Rule of Law if it does not benefit them.

He is not exactly in all that great of a position.

It is actually very far from a bluff. Anyone actually close to that knows it... and anyone rational realizes it.

I'd say probably the only thing that has stopped it so far and what has fueled the current compromise is the sentimental attachment to the DCI brand. All current corps finalist directors have marched DCI. None have known anything other than DCI... so there is this certain emotional attachment there. Had this not been the case, it would have already been done.

well, if not far from a bluff, it's time the 7 grow a set and go. After all, several of them led the way to where DCI is now, either with that or, or with others, and they refuse to see how their stunning business acumen led them down this path.

What they can do however, is limit revenue by not taking care of licensing issues. They can also move from town to town or corps to corps to avoid problems.

Can I get a "timeout" here?

I think I've lost it. Where are we at this point in the thread? "Am too" or "Are not"?

Can I get a "timeout" here?

I think I've lost it. Where are we at this point in the thread? "Am too" or "Are not"?

Your post makes way too much sense. How dare you. :tongue:

If you're worried about bylaws, you already lost. Again, DCI as a non-profit has no future.. as a consortia... no future.

DCI needs to be a for profit dictatorship.

Name one consortia that ever took over anything? That ever invaded anything? Consortias are about making the weak less interesting... and diluting strength through inefficiency.

This one post reflects your inner most conviction and has deeper meaning that most all of the rest of your posts combined; This proves that you have no desire to follow the Rule of Law (also proven to be true in another thread by your previous contempt statements concerning the Constitution of the United States), your desire of mutiny is clear because you seek to usurp the DCI bylaws not amend them, and moreover, you want DCI to be a Single 'Dictatorship'. Thank you for finally bringing this out into the open!

If you're worried about bylaws, you already lost. Again, DCI as a non-profit has no future.. as a consortia... no future.

DCI needs to be a for profit dictatorship.

Name one consortia that ever took over anything? That ever invaded anything? Consortias are about making the weak less interesting... and diluting strength through inefficiency.

I'm with you, brother.

SCOTT STEWART FOR DCI DICTATOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 3

I'm sorry, but that's the biggest pile of 'weak' I've seen in a year.

The DCI Hall of Fame? Are you friggin kidding me? Great men and women, all, but not a single one of them a person who can PICK UP THE FRIGGIN PHONE AND GET A DECISION MAKER WITH A TOP 100 BRAND ON THE LINETO FIGURE OUT HOW DCI CAN LAND A $200-250,000 A YEAR SPONSORSHIP DEAL FOR THE ACTIVITY.

The problem is that they're all amateurs. In the root sense of that word. They "love" what they do, but none of them do it in the way a business person would do it. Not a single person connected with DCI knows the decision makers in corporate America, and no one seems to be willing to swallow their pride and pony up the kind of money it would take to hire someone who does.

Until you fix that, you're dead in the water.

And yet, one of them IS the person who told Surf in Texas that they'd be better off - doing their kids a favor - by moving to DCA.

I'm sorry, but that's the biggest pile of 'weak' I've seen in a year.

The DCI Hall of Fame? Are you friggin kidding me? Great men and women, all, but not a single one of them a person who can PICK UP THE FRIGGIN PHONE AND GET A DECISION MAKER WITH A TOP 100 BRAND ON THE LINETO FIGURE OUT HOW DCI CAN LAND A $200-250,000 A YEAR SPONSORSHIP DEAL FOR THE ACTIVITY.

The problem is that they're all amateurs. In the root sense of that word. They "love" what they do, but none of them do it in the way a business person would do it. Not a single person connected with DCI knows the decision makers in corporate America, and no one seems to be willing to swallow their pride and pony up the kind of money it would take to hire someone who does.

Until you fix that, you're dead in the water.

And I guaran-darn-tee you that those unwilling to spend the money ARE the Seven, because they believe any money spent by DCI is a waste.