Heartliner coming to DCA

You need to do your "is the corps ready" bit in German....

Actually, no I don't. :tongue:

• Like 1

... and add: ... UND YOU VILL LIKE THEM! ...

Okay ... calm down ... just a little humor ...

What you should do Tom, is contact the German Club in Bridgeport and see if they'll host them for lunch and/or an indoor rehearsal (they have a nice, large hall) ... here's their link: Germania Schwaben Society ... maybe someone from Park City Pride could get you a contact ...

Andy

thanks... great idea...

"ist das Korps bereit"

Sehr Gut! :smile:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

"Ein bier vom fass, bitte." (A beer on draft, please.)

I memorized that phrase during my trip to Bavaria a few years ago. :tongue:

Oh come on.....Dan Feeney counted off in German when 88 Scouts were in Germany!

(and actually, if the DM doesn't speak English, you might have to anyway!)

I'm sure they'll understand English. Heck... when we were in Germany a few years back, a bunch of folks there spoke better English than we did. :tongue:

I didn't speak in Japanese for the Inspires, and things went well. :thumbup:

I'm sure they'll understand English. Heck... when we were in Germany a few years back, a bunch of folks there spoke better English than we did. :tongue:/>

I didn't speak in Japanese for the Inspires, and things went well. :thumbup:/>

LOL had a German "pastor in training" at out Lutheran Church for a year so he could finish his studies and be ordained. Supposedly the waiting list in Germany is longer than ours. I was on council when the idea of him coming over was brought up and still remember:

"How is his English?"

Our minister: "Lot better then my German". :sad:

Turned out he had ye olde "I drive a Folks-vagon" accent and every Sunday would welcome the "wisitors" (visitors) to service. Of course in my part of PA he sounded like he was from PA Dutch land.... aka Lep-nin County nah (Lebanon County for everyone else).

So that's Heartliner... sehr cool.... too bad I don't remember much of my High School and college German... schade...

I can confirm Heartliner will be performing at the Pennsauken Invitational on Sunday August 25th. The Bushwackers and Pennsauken HS Band Parent are proud to have them in our show. With hosting the Kidsgrove Scouts last year and Heartliner this year, our show has taken on an international flair.

• Like 2

I'm sure they'll understand English. Heck... when we were in Germany a few years back, a bunch of folks there spoke better English than we did. tongue.gif

I didn't speak in Japanese for the Inspires, and things went well. thumbup.gif

Glad to see another International Corps!!. Fran when you mentioned the Inspires,it made me smile. I was walking in Uniform and was stopped by a Japanese GROUP . They were laughing and pointing to my Kilt.I was expecting the ,"What is under your kilt" I was about to answer the yet to be asked question,When a young lady stepped up and pointed at my sporran. She pointed at it and asked." does the Size of that indicate the size you are covering up."

I dang near burst out laughing,when she said you are wearing one of the bigger ones.Then I told her what the blue ribbon was for.

Sorry for the side trip.