So who's it going to be?

Cadets are typically more competitve in odd numbered years, so top three for them at least.

really? I didn't realize that. hmmmm we either way most often they have late season surges more than any other corps. BD on the other hand either dominates from the starting gate or just doesn't do it that year. (from what I have noticed anyway)

With BD's show this year it could be a real dominant show but I really think Crown is a force to be dealt with. They are going to be very strong this year I can tell. I think this year is going to be a really good season!

I think it's high time SCV wins percussion if not the whole thing.

• Like 2

For me, and it seems me alone :blink:/>, I'm looking forward to all of them, to be sure, but I'm really interested to see how Oregon Crusaders do. Their show last year was so strong, with a powerful statement attached, that I think they have that "swagger" that's a hallmark of an advancing corps. Yes, they're young at all levels, and they have some disappointments ahead, but their youth and success proves that they have a solid business and production plan.

Last year's show was just SO entertaining and full of surprise that, if they can keep those traits in their programming as they grow, that winner's "swagger" will infect them. And the crowds.

There are lots of good stories.

My surprise? One of the solid top-12 corps is going to falter, and a new top-12 will be established, and that's including BAC solidly in Saturday's lineup.

• Like 2

In no order (well, at least alphabetically in order), I see Blue Devils, Cadets, and Santa Clara being the medalist corps this year.

It's kinda funny that people have been picking SCV in the top three and I don't see much of Phantom talk. SCV has Shaw and Rennick...both from Phantom.. but Phantom the past two years have beaten SC...and it was not even close.

• Like 1

For me, and it seems me alone blink.gif/>, I'm looking forward to all of them, to be sure, but I'm really interested to see how Oregon Crusaders do. Their show last year was so strong, with a powerful statement attached, that I think they have that "swagger" that's a hallmark of an advancing corps. Yes, they're young at all levels, and they have some disappointments ahead, but their youth and success proves that they have a solid business and production plan.

Last year's show was just SO entertaining and full of surprise that, if they can keep those traits in their programming as they grow, that winner's "swagger" will infect them. And the crowds.

There are lots of good stories.

My surprise? One of the solid top-12 corps is going to falter, and a new top-12 will be established, and that's including BAC solidly in Saturday's lineup.

Thanks for showing a little Oregon Crusader love Garfield! Sad to say, my son, as of yet, isn't marching :( but there is still time and hope. I can't wait to see how they handle their big debut either.

Edited by luv4corps

It's kinda funny that people have been picking SCV in the top three and I don't see much of Phantom talk. SCV has Shaw and Rennick...both from Phantom.. but Phantom the past two years have beaten SC...and it was not even close.

And their brass staff came from Bluecoats, and their visual staff came from Cavaliers. What's your point? Corps placements fluctuate. I think people just want to see SCV climb back up to the top. I think it's high time they win percussion, and I would not mind seeing them medal with the show they're putting out.

I also want to see what OC can do in World Class. Competing against them and watching them progress has been cool, can't wait to see how they stack up. I also want to see how Jersey Surf does with their soul and funk show. Should be tons of fun.

Also, can Crossmen cement themselves in Finals, or will they be a one-and-done for now?

Edited by fsubone

really? I didn't realize that. hmmmm we either way most often they have late season surges more than any other corps. BD on the other hand either dominates from the starting gate or just doesn't do it that year. (from what I have noticed anyway)

With BD's show this year it could be a real dominant show but I really think Crown is a force to be dealt with. They are going to be very strong this year I can tell. I think this year is going to be a really good season!

I think it's high time SCV wins percussion if not the whole thing.

Cadets' flipflopping from odd to even years has been pretty evident since 2002. Not saying the even year shows were bad. There's a couple I really dig (2002 and 2008 come to mind). Sounds like they have a lot of vets this year. Hopefully, Barber will be good to them.

I've been wanting Crown to break through and win since 2008, but it seems the same things keep biting them in the behind. Plus, BD's show sounds like a monster this year. I say they'll win by a smaller margin because Crown is creeping closer. Crown had a breakthrough last year. I could nitpick their performance, but it was solidly deserving of at least second place though it was first in my heart.

• Like 1

Ray, I'm just happy that you have yet another Crossmen in your house! thumbup.gif Thanks for all that you and your wife did for us. Glad you are able to keep the Crossmen spirit alive in your family. smile.gif