Drum corps in Philly

Ridiculous? I've seen more ridiculous ticket prices for shows that aren't even worth it coming from other organizations as well. Spare me the tears. With all the prices of gas and food and all the other stuff needed to take care of people in corps these days, I'm surprised the prices aren't higher.

I attended two YEA shows alst summer. Jackson was a total sellout; much top my chagrin I had to buy a ticket that was for either standing at the fence or sitting in the back stands, though it only cost $10. West Chester was also packed, though maybe not quite a sellout.

Looking at prices, $28 is not bad for the seats you get, and not out of line with some random shows I looked at around the country checking for similar seats.

It's okay all... YEA! can do NO WRONG!

Well at least you and Hopkins share the same phetish for the Phillies! Maybe you two should see a game together. :-p

Not to mention if features the absolute worst seating in the history of the activity. Good field, good stands/sight-lines, but they squeeze 5000 seats in a space for 2000. Horrible. For the money you pay YEA, you'd think you'd at least be comfortable. Not in that place.

Sounds like Stanford! great acoustics and all that but the seats are crammed in so tight you absolutely have to stand up if someone comes down the aisle you can't just move your legs in like at a real stadium.

:shutup:/>

I'd actually love that!

Well make him an offer! I think he goes by Yeaguy on DCP.

Now about your wallet...

shutup.gif/>

Well make him an offer! I think he goes by Yeaguy on DCP.

Now about your wallet...

I'm already his Facebook friend... and I'm broke anyway...

It's okay all... YEA! can do NO WRONG!

devil.gif

Apparently they can do no right either.

the reality is the economy is still in the tank and many people will be cutting back. Obviously that doesn't really impact you.

Nope. It's not really affecting me too much.

I was thinking more how your "support" statement could be taken.....

And for everyone else, Dan and I grew up in the same school district just one year apart. We never met that I know of.

Only thing I've heard about Chester is by reputation. And most of that was from in-laws who went to school at West Chester U.

West Chester University is nowhere near the city of Chester.

West Chester University is nowhere near the city of Chester.

Never said it was... Chester came up in conversation when my wife and I went to visit two family members at WCU and we were driven all over the Philly area. Along the way we drove by an exit for Chester (IIRC) and heard about the area. My sister in law (one of the people driving us around) grew up in the Philly burbs but can't remember which on eat the present. And she does know the area well based on the weekend we spent with them.

Edited by JimF-LowBari