New Uniforms?

just wondering aloud what the cost is today for new uniforms for a corps?

I suggest you contact njthundrrd, a most interesting poster here on DCP. He marched one DCI corps, was an administrator for 3 other World Class corps, and now sells uniforms as a living. I think he could give you good info. And tell Eric that I get the commission for the referal, ha, ha.

I suggest you contact njthundrrd, a most interesting poster here on DCP. He marched one DCI corps, was an administrator for 3 other World Class corps, and now sells uniforms as a living. I think he could give you good info. And tell Eric that I get the commission for the referal, ha, ha.

"A most interesting poster?" LOL I resemblerrrrrrrrrrnevermind.

It is hard to answer that for a band, let alone a corps. For a drum corps, it depends on how many are in the corps and then what they are made out of. Do they have a hip cape? Sleeves or sleeveless? Gauntlets or not? Mirrors or traditional shako emblem? How tall is the plume? How "exotic" the group gets with materials etc.

I have a band with dye sublimation and wants crystals on the shoulders for more "bling!" Another wants a more traditional uniform. The next wants a mascot's head embroidered across the whole front of the jacket. There is still a great tradition in parts of Texas of military jackets, frog loops, double cross belts, buckles, all sorts of striping, and pants with stripes. Or the bands with the capes and the (as I affectionately call them) Q-tip hats.

Machine washable only? Machine washable and Dry clean? Dry clean only? All are different materials.

All of them are very different manufacturing processes and costs.

Not to BS you, but that is a really hard question to answer. Depending on what it is exactly and how many there are.

Edited by njthundrrd

So Crossmen have the oldest unis in DCI? That still look amazing.

I would think the oldest title would go to Cadets, even with the minor changes around 2003 (which were awful) and the 05-06 versions. The BASIC uni hasn't changed much in several decades.

• Like 3

I would think the oldest title would go to Cadets, even with the minor changes around 2003 (which were awful) and the 05-06 versions. The BASIC uni hasn't changed much in several decades.

I think she was talking about the actual uniform, as in the fabric, or that set of uniforms. It has been the same since 2004.

• Like 4

I would bet that Crown will have a new look this year ...

Looking very much forward to seeing them if they are! Crown always has amazing uniforms

I heard that Madison will be coming out in actual army/marine camo uniforms to go with their cops of Brothers show. Should be interesting.

I wish BD would go back to the 96 uniform or the original silks.

I like the current one if they got rid of the stripes all over the place. I hear they are losing the tail sash???

• Like 1

I wish BD would go back to the 96 uniform or the original silks.

I like the current one if they got rid of the stripes all over the place. I hear they are losing the tail sash???

I hope not. I've grown to like them. They seem to fit with the types of shows they've been doing lately.

• Like 1