CAVIES or DEVILS?

dci-junky

They are both very good....Cavies have great drill, and they have a great sound, and BD is just flat out LOUD and awesome!!! But i would have to say that BD is better, cause they are just plain fun to watch. They always looked layed back, relaxed and like theyre partyin out there on the field. And everything else (i.e. technique, posture, M & M, etc) seems to come naturally! Thats just what makes BD in a class of their own. Not to mention their wicked sop soloists!! ^0^

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I detested the Cavies until 2002. Frameworks was something different and was prety cool visually. There were not that many great musical moments but the Drill Fit the music perfectly. This year I have yet to see the Cavies, but was not very impressed with BD. BD has a show of look what we can do for a few seconds in one spot..............then ridiculous chanting. I think that the Cavies have an advantage from what I've been hearing but I think the Cadets should be given a spot over BD(but SCV is still number 1).

hmmmmmm really depends on what kind of mood i'm in...... if i am feeling sophisticated and high brow......Cavaliers all the way. If i'm feeling frisky and wild..........Blue Devils. Both great organizations, fun to watch and incredible artists, you can't really compare the two, its apples and oranges.

BD.

In the words of Wayne Dillon, "Loud is good!" And therefore, I gotta give BD the nod. I respect and appreciate the ensemble sound that Cavvies have been able to create over the last two seasons, but frankly I've found their shows over the last two years to be a bit devoid of emotion, which is something I doubt BD will ever be accused of. Cavvies books may be crafted to take advantage of their technically flawless sound and technique, but you can't truly communicate something musically without putting some heart into it.

BD is always my first choice. Cavies have been great the last few years and it has been wonderful to watch them perform. Yet, given the choice between the 2....

BD

Blue Devils took my breath away... I knew right from the start (I heard an early season recording) that they were going to be amazing this year... they sure lived up to my expectations.

GO BD