Are we about dead?

Internet message boards - by and large - are dying. It's just the reality of the situation. Younger people (the Facebook generation) don't use them anymore - in fact, they never did - in favor of all 'those other things,' leaving all of us oldies on the message boards we either grew up with or learned about 15 years ago.

It's just reality :)

• Like 1

Internet message boards - by and large - are dying. It's just the reality of the situation. Younger people (the Facebook generation) don't use them anymore - in fact, they never did - in favor of all 'those other things,' leaving all of us oldies on the message boards we either grew up with or learned about 15 years ago.

It's just reality :)

At 21, I'm not sure whether to feel old or smart for making DCP my frequent stop for anything corps-related, but I've been a little irritated with the slow winter, too.

• Like 1

Everyone should go back to RAMD :w00t:

The problem is this:

there is a generation gap in terms of who likes DCP vs Facebook. Corps do encourage people to stay off of DCP. And, because some teams hyped themselves up so much on here, then when the public at large saw them, and they didn't deliver, it got backlash. So now, everyone stays pretty quiet.

I liked the "go back to RAMD" comment!

Remember when those forums ruled the world? Then everyone and their mother was on MySpace, then Facebook.

One thing though, I think that on both RAMD and DCP we are reaping what we sewed. These forums turned into huge mud-slinging fests, and the "Show Critiques" became vicious and at times personal.

The anonymous posters claiming a good more expertise than I could detect justification for, shouting down anyone who offered a differing opinion just wore me out, first on RAMD, then eventually here as well.

It's quiet now, but mostly civil. I don't log off swearing to myself after reading posts.

Seeing as I'm too old to Facebook I won't be following anyone over there.

I do enjoy hearing from old friends here on DCP though, and really don't miss a lot of the busier old days, although I imagine it's not good for the health of the site.

Honestly, do any of us really need to read "Why Drum Corps is Dead" any more.

Seems like it's pretty much alive and well... just doesn't look or sound much like what we played in.

Still love the activity and hope my grandkids will be playing in a couple of years. They like Blue Devils so far.

• Like 3

Nothing to worry about with us. We have just been busy learning drill around rain drops etc.. Kinda hard to take pictures in that gloomy weather.. but the members are working/pushing through what ever gets thrown at them (nothing like the Rutgers coach though) . We have a nice no interruption (hoping for great weather) weekend coming up in Blairstown NJ. If you are in the area the door is always open.

Yes we have a couple brass Spots open. (trumpet and Baritone) One pit spot. For more information Email Mike Ryan @ m.ryan@cabs.org or PM me here.. (quicker if you email Mike )

Hype.. We are doing well all sections are strong. You will like this show.

We have some pictures up from Parades on our FB page at.. Cabs FB

See you all in less than a month..

Edited by CABADM

I still like the "I don't know what to expect" approach we had years ago, before Gore invented the internet!

Come to Cabs on the Beach show on June 15 and find out what is happening with Windsor Regiment, Fision Core, Cadets2, Bushwackers, Bucaneers, and Caballeros, as well as the Cabs Alumni.

That is 7 corps total....not a bad start to the season!

• Like 6

I still like the "I don't know what to expect" approach we had years ago, before Gore invented the internet!

Man... remember those days?

Even when it came to the DCA championship... back in the day, we were never quite certain exactly how many corps would be showing up for Prelims.

There always seemed to be a rumor or two or three every summer... "hey, I heard that a new Canadian corps is coming to DCAs... there might be another corps from the Midwest there this year... X, Y or Z corps that broke up a few years ago is back and is planning on coming to championships..."... etc., etc.

It wasn't until the pre-show directors' meeting on championship weekend... when any "new entries" were to draw for Prelims positions... that we knew for sure how many corps would be there!!!

It's a completely different world now.

Just found this, thought it was pretty neat (I believe we can post youtube videos now???)