Bluecoats new uniform

I didn't care for the uniform from 07-12, this. This isn't an improvement.

They need to find a way to keep the jacket in the front from moving differently from person to person--that is going to be a visual distraction.

Maybe it will be different in person. This sketch though just looks awful.

Bad. Looks like a too-small kimono over a decent uniform. I'd be embarrassed to wear that.

• Like 4

I like it!

Frankly, I'm tired of the cookie cutter uniforms in DCI and how everyone looks the same.

And bringing back old school is always a good thing IMO.

Stay tuned, my friend.

Bad. Looks like a too-small kimono over a decent uniform. I'd be embarrassed to wear that.

Show some respect. That's probably one of the most asinine comments I've read on this forum. Embarrassed to wear that? Hell, you'd probably never come close to making the corps with that kind of attitude.

• Like 9

Actual close-up of uniform:

tumblr_mnjdq20YyE1ry9a31o1_500.jpg

I love this. Saying this looks to old? Shut your face. It's classy, it's less sequins (07-09, I'm looking at you) and it is taking back the traditional long plume. I for one love and accept this change. Let's go Bloo!

Edit: I LOVE bringing back the baby blue on top of the modern darker blue. Just....SO well thought out.

Edited by THeShadeOfNight
  • Like 2

I love this. Saying this looks to old? Shut your face. It's classy, it's less sequins (07-09, I'm looking at you) and it is taking back the traditional long plume. I for one love and accept this change. Let's go Bloo!

Edit: I LOVE bringing back the baby blue on top of the modern darker blue. Just....SO well thought out.

I like the baby blue and I can support the liking of the tradition long plume. Other than that it's a little bland. I have no doubt that they will perform their show well at any rate.

I think it's better "in person", and while I don't necessarily dislike it, I can't quite say I love it. Agree with the others who can't quite see this fitting into the types of shows they've been doing. (Although, upon reflection, this may have been really cool with UnMasqued last year.)

I'll reserve final judgement till I see it on the move. It is different and unique. And that I can give props for.

The uniform proper is fine and love the helmet with darker plume. My concern is the uniformity of how the outer jacket moves with the MM. If it stays tighter to the body, then I see no problem. If it is floppy, it will detract from the cleanliness of the look. As I always say, let's take a look from high up on the field. Maybe it adds a dimension we are not seeing now. I always assume the designers are more talented than I. I'm usually correct.

• Like 2

The uniform proper is fine and love the helmet with darker plume. My concern is the uniformity of how the outer jacket moves with the MM. If it stays tighter to the body, then I see no problem. If it is floppy, it will detract from the cleanliness of the look. As I always say, let's take a look from high up on the field. Maybe it adds a dimension we are not seeing now. I always assume the designers are more talented than I. I'm usually correct.

Ridiculous. (not).

The cool thing is -- they will be *different*.

Kind of enjoy seeing corps heading in very different directions with their uniforms.

What this guy said! WAIT....doh.gif

• Like 1

I want to see it in person on the full corps, but I do like it. To me, this looks more like the Bluecoats. I like the old school feel and the tie in to the past with the powder blue and the sash going from the left shoulder to the right. Maybe they'll put a little red on there in the future? I do hope the jacket fits well. It does look loose in the real picture.

The sketch is well done, but Stanbury, please change that face in the future! That detracts from the whole "premier" in my opinion. It just needs to look more normal!