Boston's Up!

BAC's annual Spring Fling last night ws a great success. There is little doubt Boston is doing things right. It is always a nice gathering of alumni and friends and supporters of the corps. Each year too, we hear the new program and as usual love it all and profess the corps future success for the summer. This is year is no exception,, EXCEPT, this we heard a very different program. Very unexpected. This is a more mature, sophisticated musical show with a higher level of performance and overall difficulty in the brass book. The percussion writing is tremendous and is being played well. They have a lot of work to do but the payoff this year will be well worth it. Things are lookiing very good for the corps in all ways. BAC is stepping up. They are on the Rise. Eat em up Boston.

• Like 2

Wow! Check out Boston's equipment truck!

https://www.facebook...5789657798315:0

All three trucks are done with new artwork. The 3rd one is the new 51' equipment truck. They all have different artwork. Very impressive. Good luck to all this year. Boston Strong.

• Like 2

Yes, the three 18 wheelers are impressive, but I am also blown away by the just-unveiled BAC Open Air Marketplace....gone is the typical rehabbed utility trailer. Boston's cutting edge "Marketplace" will set the new standard for show site sales and marketing. Great work, guys! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Yes, the three 18 wheelers are impressive, but I am also blown away by the just-unveiled BAC Open Air Marketplace....gone is the typical rehabbed utility trailer. Boston's cutting edge "Marketplace" will set the new standard for show site sales and marketing. Great work, guys! thumbup.gif

Yes i saw that. Looks great. Darren is doing a great job.

• Like 1

I bought the APDs of about 7 shows from 2013, I find myself going back to this one more and more. I think I'm in the minority here, but I see huge potential here. I think we've become accustomed to Boston coming out of the gate with a pretty easy to get and well displayed show early season since I would say 2008. I see absolutely HUGE potential here. The music is fantastic and they have the bones of a great visual program. Nothing really stands out as being poorly written to me. I just think they have tons to add to get this show across to us. Right now I am not really getting the theme, but I can see spots that they can (and I'm sure will) add tons of things. Something tells me from what they said on the webcast to some posts on here as well as a spot in the show, that something changes with the uniform in the second half of the show that is going to be absolutely glorious. I'm not a fan of the grey for the whole show. I think it sets the tone early on for gloom and doom very well. But I think they have something up their sleeves that will blow our socks off.

Like I said, I think I'm used to Boston coming out swinging with a fun and accessible show right off the bat. Pines of Rome, 1812 Overture, Les Mis, Bachanale, ect. are all famous and fun pieces. These musical selections have a little more depth and meaning to them, and are a bit darker . This is a much more complex program and show than I'm used to for them. I think it's one that they're going to take time to develop into something absolutely spectacular. I wouldn't count Boston out in a heartbeat, I think they're going to surge as their show develops over the season. But what do I know? I'm a 19 year old college kid who hasn't even gone to their first drum corps audition. We shall see. Just my thoughts on a show I can't wait to see evolve.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 6

I bought the APDs of about 7 shows from 2013, I find myself going back to this one more and more. I think I'm in the minority here, but I see huge potential here. I think we've become accustomed to Boston coming out of the gate with a pretty easy to get and well displayed show early season since I would say 2008. I see absolutely HUGE potential here. The music is fantastic and they have the bones of a great visual program. Nothing really stands out as being poorly written to me. I just think they have tons to add to get this show across to us. Right now I am not really getting the theme, but I can see spots that they can (and I'm sure will) add tons of things. Something tells me from what they said on the webcast to some posts on here as well as a spot in the show, that something changes with the uniform in the second half of the show that is going to be absolutely glorious. I'm not a fan of the grey for the whole show. I think it sets the tone early on for gloom and doom very well. But I think they have something up their sleeves that will blow our socks off.

Like I said, I think I'm used to Boston coming out swinging with a fun and accessible show right off the bat. Pines of Rome, 1812 Overture, Les Mis, Bachanale, ect. are all famous and fun pieces. These musical selections have a little more depth and meaning to them, and are a bit darker . This is a much more complex program and show than I'm used to for them. I think it's one that they're going to take time to develop into something absolutely spectacular. I wouldn't count Boston out in a heartbeat, I think they're going to surge as their show develops over the season. But what do I know? I'm a 19 year old college kid who hasn't even gone to their first drum corps audition. We shall see. Just my thoughts on a show I can't wait to see evolve.

What you've typed DMT is what I've been silently hoping for. Hopefully the staff will not say "we should have released planned additions earlier". To reach their goals this year, they're chasing 25 or so points (from where they are now) and there's no guarantee the judges will like what will be added. All corps add stuff so as not to overload the mm with too much at the beginning. Maybe the BAC are creating something new in the addition department.

Edited by Ghost