2013 Rankings

How do you figure?

No sour grapes here, but the one time MBI went on after the Bucs, due to a hurricane no less, was the only time that they won.

Going on later changes the mindset of the performing group and the perception of the ensemble.

It may be the difference between playing with the sun in your face. It does matter and should be decided on a weekend that everyone has a chance to compete. Another system would be better.

MBI won in 2011 not because we had to cancel our show the week before, but because they were better. This coming from the guy who proudly shook as many of their hands as possible to offer my congratulations, the only thing we were not happy with was they couldn't perform their encore.

If they went on before us, it would have made no difference.

• Like 5

MBI won in 2011 not because we had to cancel our show the week before, but because they were better. This coming from the guy who proudly shook as many of their hands as possible to offer my congratulations, the only thing we were not happy with was they couldn't perform their encore.

I have never said that the proper champions were not crowned ANY year. The fact is that the East Coast Corps got a seeding score on a weekend that everyone else in the activity cannot. The other fact is that it is advantageous to be on in prelims as late as possible. That is undeniable. Therefore it is unfair and the rule needs to be revisited.

nothing more...

I got a very good look at them yesterday. They'll be fine. They have a good program. they have a good staff, some vets from DCA and DCI units, and they work hard and smart. I have some reasonable guesses where they will end up after this weekend but I'll wait and see where the scores lie. Percussion will be key to their number, and they're busting their cans to clean it.

Big W... be sure to say hello this week... I arrive at the BWI Marriott Thursday and will be at the "Dock" with Heartliner...

So here's what I have for seedings. Feel free to check to see I didn't screw any up:

Open Class:

1 - 96.30 - Buccaneers

2 - 94.15 - Minnesota Brass

3 - 93.80 - Caballeros

4 - 92.85 - Cadets²

5 - 89.95 - Atlanta CV

6 - 89.70 - Fusion Core

7 - 89.05 - Empire Statesmen

8 - 85.35 - Bushwackers

9 - 83.50 - Carolina Gold

10- 81.05 - Connecticut Hurricanes

11- 80.65 - Kilties

12- 79.50 - Long Island Sunrisers

Class A:

1 - 85.90 - Govenaires

2 - 84.55 - White Sabers

3 - 77.50 - Windsor Regiment

4 - 76.35 - Sun Devils

5 - 74.65 - Cincinnati Tradition

6 - 74.20 - Tampa Bay Thunder

7 - 73.40 - High Country Brass

8 - 73.35 - Heartliner

9 - 71.45 - Excelsior

10- 70.95 - Shenandoah Sound

11- 67.00 - Centurions

Edited to fix Sun's number. Simple mistake. I sill think they are underscored. It's also *hilarious* that someone gave me a red minus for posting the rankings. Stay classy, red-neg guy!

Edited to fix Cincinnati Tradition's earlier score.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 5

79.5 for Sunrisers, not 70.5

• Like 2

So here's what I have for seedings. Feel free to check to see I didn't screw any up:

Looks right to me. (In fact, your list caused me to fix two mistakes in my own.) Does anyone know if Lakeshoremen will be appearing at Prelims?

Is the seeding the one highest score for a given corps at a DCA show in the month of August?

If so... I think Cincy Tradition scored a 74 and change at the Racine show Aug. 3.

• Like 1

Is the seeding the one highest score for a given corps at a DCA show in the month of August?

If so... I think Cincy Tradition scored a 74 and change at the Racine show Aug. 3.

DCA should post the seedings before bad information gets out there... the web site says Cincy did score a 74 and change on 8/3 and it was a dca panel... but I don't even know the current rule... but if it's any august score... then the stuff being posted is wrong

Oops, I did overlook Cincinnati with 74.65 at the Racine show on Aug. 3. That would put them in the fifth seed.

• Like 1

Well-said, Kyle.

I watched MBI's Prelims run that year from the 50-yard line, about three rows from the top of the stadium in Rochester... and they were not just "on"... they were "mega-on" that night.

I honestly thought they had won by more than they did... and that is taking nothing away from the Bucs or any other corps. Absolutely one of the best DCA Prelims performances I've ever seen. And I've seen a few. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring