Stanford Showdown

That SCV show is going to be a great one. Lots of material they can use for pre-show, and certainly, to make the story come out more on the field. I hope they milk the rubato in "Bring Him Home" - they could really pull a lot of emotion out of that, and a few other sections. Second show, so things are still a bit "dr beat".

Crisp, crisp drums - love the parts. Brass - hey, did they improve over the last couple of years or what?!

Nice!

• Like 1

SCV's drums impressed, and I think their brass is better than last year. But man, those were some pretty abrupt takes on the Les Miz pieces.

Agreed for the most part. Everything seems a little rushed. JD is an awesome composer though, so I assume this will be resolved...

Do You Hear the People Sing has to go on longer than 5 seconds though. I'm sure that'll be a late season change.

SCV Visuals had a 90's, early 2000's feel to it, not that this is a bad thing, and much of the musical arrangements of Les Mis. sound just like Boston's arrangements from just 2 years ago, again not that this is a bad thing, but this theme and music is just so wonderful that I love it and I believe that SCV will be one of the national fan's favorite shows for 2013. :thumbup:/>

Edited by BRASSO

REALLY like the "cursive" parts of SCV's drill, like the opening set. Best overall product they've had on the field since Scheherazade, in my humble opinion. Members should be stoked with to perform this show!

• Like 3

Great show, SCV. Could "Do You Hear The People Sing" start off a tad slower? It just seemed waaaay too upbeat. That song is something that should build and build and build until it overcomes tyranny...not dance it's way through the streets.

Best designed SCV show I've seen in years.

• Like 1

I imagine a few changes to SCVs music throught the season.

But the drill is fantastic, cant wait to see it clean!

Music is great too but it will be better later. Especially the end.

SCV's drums impressed, and I think their brass is better than last year. But man, those were some pretty abrupt takes on the Les Miz pieces.

Agree. They can (and I assume will) do more with the transitions and phrasing.