Bowling Green Brewery (6/23)

Although, many of these judges on the panel from today at Toledo have been threatened with extinction if they don't tow the line and yes I actually heard it from 3 of the judges mouth. Personally, I am shocked Rock is still out there but he tends to fall in line during finals.

feel free to expound on this...

Although, many of these judges on the panel from today at Toledo have been threatened with extinction if they don't tow the line and yes I actually heard it from 3 of the judges mouth.

Its getting late now, and its hard to see at night, but am I hearing the drone of black helicoptors overhead or is it just me ? :unsure:

feel free to expound on this...

Heck, everyone knows that Rock is still as big of a Cavaliers homer as there is. Still wears his Cavaliers rings and clothing when he judges.... You'd think DCI would at least ask him to not broadcast this fact, but like the other poster stated, he usually comes back in line when the chips are down during finals week.

Still, there is way too much of this going on, specifically in the visual area. I get the impression that most music judges are not like this and that the whole "guard/visual/dci/wgi /scratch my back thing" doesn't happen on that side of the fence. Unfortunately, as small as the teaching and judging community is between all activities, this is going to remain a part of our activity in the future.

• Like 1

Hop tends to be very animated along the sidelines during a show.

I said it last season - - I'd pay extra if fan Network would add a "Hoppy Cam" feature !!!

• Like 1

FYI Glassmen Alumni performed the encore. They did fine with a small group of horns (a few killer upper sopranos... Playing G bugles...)... The worst part of it though was when they asked all alumni to come down and sing the corps song... Probably 150 people came down. Why didn't they play in the corps? Activities like that are what will bring the kids back to the field, and SO many didn't participate...

Otherwise, Glass Alums did fine! Weather held off!

• Like 1

You know, I have never understood nor will never understand this comment. During finals, you have cameramen moving back and forth along the sidelines, heck, you have judges all over the field, yet people seem to always make a big deal about ONE MAN pacing along the sidelines supporting his corps. I can't understand why people let that annoy them.

To each his own though.

Simple!...Because that ONE MAN chooses to be highly annoying!

• Like 1

I don't think anything is up with the Cavies. Their scores and placement are on par where they were last year, same as most every corps out there at this point. I think to expect that they will all of a sudden jump the pack because they are the "Cavaliers" and were 2nd, 3 years ago, is silly. There is a lot of parity beginning to happen in DCI (yay...) and jumping up, even for the Cavaliers, is going to be much more difficult moving forward.

I mean, look at the Bluecoats, they seem to get better every year, yet have remained in the 6-7 pack, even though they were 3rd the same year cavies got 2nd. Heck, Crown would have a championship or two if BD (and Cadets) had not been so darn unbeatable these last few years.

Personally, I think the potential for them to go a spot or two lower is more realistic than them jumping back in the mix again. I think after last year, some of the teams behind them may have learned their lessons.. Its going to be interesting, regardless, in the next few weeks.

I am sure. Especially after the third show of the year. :thumbdown:

Heck, everyone knows that Rock is still as big of a Cavaliers homer as there is. Still wears his Cavaliers rings and clothing when he judges.... You'd think DCI would at least ask him to not broadcast this fact, but like the other poster stated, he usually comes back in line when the chips are down during finals week.

Still, there is way too much of this going on, specifically in the visual area. I get the impression that most music judges are not like this and that the whole "guard/visual/dci/wgi /scratch my back thing" doesn't happen on that side of the fence. Unfortunately, as small as the teaching and judging community is between all activities, this is going to remain a part of our activity in the future.

As if this does not exist amongst other judges as well.....please... :thumbdown:

Simple!...Because that ONE MAN chooses to be highly annoying!

Actually, in Belvidere, he was ON the field with the kids before their show started. Wandering around, checking things. IT was a bit odd.