Muncie Martini Bar

"blue coats" :hehe:/>/> :sigh:/>/>

Don't even think about joking about that! :rock:/> :fight:/> :angry:/> :soapbox:/> :grrr:/>

I have friends in high places and I'm not afraid to call them. :giljotiini:/>

I remane on my crusade to keep "Bluecoats" as one word...even when used in humor. :united:/>

We must not let one iota of splitting the name creep in to our discussions. First it's used in jest...then it's part of our culture. That's how Justin Bieber became popular and I'm not willing to risk that for our beloved activity. :grouphug:

Everyone please repeat after me... :master:

• Like 3

Don't even think about joking about that! :rock:/>/> :fight:/>/> :angry:/>/> :soapbox:/>/> :grrr:/>/>

I have friends in high places and I'm not afraid to call them. :giljotiini:/>/>

I remane on my crusade to keep "Bluecoats" as one word...even when used in humor. :united:/>/>

We must not let one iota of splitting the name creep in to our discussions. First it's used in jest...then it's part of our culture. That's how Justin Bieber became popular and I'm not willing to risk that for our beloved activity. :grouphug:/>

Everyone please repeat after me... :master:/>

Michael<

Regarding your use of :giljotiini:/> to whom did you have to pay the licensing fee, SCV or Regiment?:devil:/>

• Like 1

For the most part, I would love for this to be the result come Minneapolis. Doubtful, but it would be interesting. Of course, I doubt Scout would be that high or Boston that low.

Why not? Anything is possible. Madison has not been this high in recent years. And Boston has not been this low. So it is possible that we could see it.

Watched last night. I thought it was amazing how fast the crowd cleared out for the severe weather warning. The announcer said it took less than 10 minutes?

I agree with you it is a marathon. But, for the past three years the Scouts have been planning a come back with that old Star of Indiana Staff to compete for championships again within a 4 to 5 year window. It's not a fluke this year where they are. And, they're only going to get better and better every year. I wish the Cavaliers well. But, people need to understand they don't have the staff that they had in their years of winning championships. Phantom you never know about them. I knew SCV would be good this year. BK lost Mark Sylvester so their visual design will not be as strong as it would have been. I love the grey and black uniforms that Boston wears but it is killing them visually. Plus their music is wonderful but like blue coats, you can take it or leave it at times in their show. So, it is VERY conceivable that an old dci standard, the (Scouts) are back competing on a level that they should be FINALLY!

I actually feel BK's visual is really good this year sans Sylvester. Their music is growing on me.

• Like 2

I just watched the telecast, and the biggest thing I took away was just how much Cavies progressed over the past week. I wonder if with Saucedo being there for the camp, did he have any input with their current program & steps to make/change to help the show? It sure seemed like it to me.

• Like 1

Bah, sorry for the late chime in... I've looped bones a few times now, and had the following thoughts.

Fourth, or fifth, time through Muncie show. I'm kind of hopin for some cavies style dancing right before the closer. That section of the show is disjointed to me with 30 seconds of taped protest sounds leading right into the hit at the start of the closer. If they pulled some cheese leveraging the white gauntlets "gearworks" style to pump the crowd up that hit will go hard in august. There are some sections that don't seem to work to me, and I think the drill could be meaner during the drum break.

Overall I love this show, but I keep wondering where the mellophones are.

Bah, sorry for the late chime in... I've looped bones a few times now, and had the following thoughts.

Fourth, or fifth, time through Muncie show. I'm kind of hopin for some cavies style dancing right before the closer. That section of the show is disjointed to me with 30 seconds of taped protest sounds leading right into the hit at the start of the closer. If they pulled some cheese leveraging the white gauntlets "gearworks" style to pump the crowd up that hit will go hard in august. There are some sections that don't seem to work to me, and I think the drill could be meaner during the drum break.

Overall I love this show, but I keep wondering where the mellophones are.

I thought kind of the same thing. Rather than see the guard try to fake a protest at the end, I would have preferred to see a tight formation in the guard with some aggressive dance work or something. Right now the "protest" looks too cheesy and fake.

I thought kind of the same thing. Rather than see the guard try to fake a protest at the end, I would have preferred to see a tight formation in the guard with some aggressive dance work or something. Right now the "protest" looks too cheesy and fake.

There are one or two kids, bless their hearts, who I have seen look as awkward as can be in that section every time they've done it. It needs a big rewrite.