Mankato Musical Mayham

Oh of course...It's that time of year where Madison starts going down hill every night. (Licks finger and puts in air)...yup, that time of year.

I sure hope this doesn't happen to them this year. It better not.

I tried to calm the natives earlier this week that there will be volatility when some shows have 5 judges, others have 8, and the captions judged are weighted differently as a result. Tonite's show had 8 judges by the way. This is Spring Training for both judges, staffs and MM's alike. Minny regionals begins the real season. In the meantime , my suggestion is for everybody to relax and just enjoy the shows that each corps is putting out.

Not to mention that quite often scores early on tend to parallel the end of the prior year until the judges get some views and then often you can see some radical movement. See: blue stars 08 where they were starting out the season ranked as low as 14th place and getting beaten by colts. Early july and into the first regional is when things get more interesting.

Edited by AlexL
  • Like 1

What season would be complete without some kind of scoring controversy regarding the Scouts? tongue.gif

AMEN!

Barbara Wendt ‏@pit_girl77 1m

http://twitpic.com/d0bz8x - As my dad just said with a big smile.."i wonder who came in 2nd?!" crowd is going nuts for the madison scouts

Barbara Wendt ‏@pit_girl77 9m

http://twitpic.com/d0by6x - The volume meter is broken...thanks madison scouts!!!

Barbara Wendt ‏@pit_girl77 17m

http://twitpic.com/d0bwy2 - On the field...from madison wisconsin...

Love It!!!!

I only count five judges tonight.

Scores this early are so unimportant to me, that I glanced quickly and did not notice 2 tiers ( World Class, All Age ) and counted some judges as a result twice. But I went back and looked again, and you are correct it was a partial panel tonite of 5 judges, not 8. ( the point of volatility more evident btw partial and full panels, diff. judges, etc still holds true however as a good cautionary note on early season scores, imo )

Edited by BRASSO

All I'm saying is, name me another corps that this stuff happens to? lol Year after year...just one other corps. :tongue: