Mankato Musical Mayham

All I'm saying is, name me another corps that this stuff happens to? lol Year after year...just one other corps. :tongue:/>

INT ?

I agree. They need to be with the Cadets, and Crown, and Phantom, etc. This cannot be motivating competition for them.

I really hope they don't think like that. (Not saying necessarily in this case but..) its pretty easy to 2+pt a corps in early July, just to have them place a couple spots ahead of you come prelims and finals.

Edited by rancidrolla
  • Like 1

All I'm saying is, name me another corps that this stuff happens to? lol Year after year...just one other corps. tongue.gif

Almost all of them depending on who you ask!

The beauty of drum corps is how passionate the fans are, but it can also be a downfall. When fans of corps A, discredit the successes of corps B, because their corps was beat or lost ground, it reflects poorly on this activity as a whole. There are so many threads on here about how DCI is failing, maybe it is the fans who are failing.

• Like 3

Seriously? Why can't a dark horse come out of no where and beat the alledged better opponent? Remember the 69 Mets? The Miracle on Ice? Boise State vs Oklahoma? DCI would create so much more interest and exitment if it truly was an "any given night" activity. Instead it's status quo vanilla: so amd so can't beat so and so because... fill in the blank. Phantom charging to the finish in '08 was high drama and the fans loved it. I prefer a slug fest, last man standing versus Bully Beat Down. Hopefully tonight is a precursor of things to come the rest of this year.

I think people are all for volatility as long as it doesn't affect their favorite corps.

Almost all of them depending on who you ask!

No, no I mean to this level. How many times do you see a corps lose 5 points on a spread in 2 days. lol I mean, it's just like clockwork.

There are so many threads on here about how DCI is failing, maybe it is the fans who are failing.

lwR3v0T.gif

Edited by AlexL
  • Like 2

No, no I mean to this level. How many times do you see a corps lose 5 points on a spread in 2 days. lol I mean, it's just like clockwork.

Between 6/23 and 6/26 there was a 5 point margin swing where blue stars went from beating troopers by 3.5 to losing to them by 1.5

• Like 2

You obviously don't understand what I'm saying. The Scouts are performing with corps who cannot even come close to their level of performance. I think this is doing them a dis-service.

Hey, I understand your frustration here. But the Madison Scouts WON the show. Your attempt to make a case for elevating your favorite Corps by trashing other Corps neither helps elevate your position nor probably helps your favorite corps in the eyes of a lot of other DCP'ers.

Relax. Madison won the show, and entertained the audience like heck I'm sure in the process. Maybe next show Madison opens up a bigger spread and you'll be doing cartwheels while others wonder what happened when they thought their favorite Corps performed much better in head to head with Madison. Madison has a hellava show for their 75th, and the crowds loved them. The judges are not in anybody's control, so don't sweat what you can't control. Enjoy the applause, the show, their efforts, not a number.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 6

I think people are all for volatility as long as it doesn't affect their favorite corps.

Words of wisdom. :thumbup:

• Like 2