Mile-High Mayhem!

I'm not the world's expert on such things, but I thought BK's opener took too much time to develop, so I was always left wondering when they were going to really "start" the show.

I found it almost distracting that the tuba's were wearing tall white plumes in their shakos. It worked when the tubas were down, so they fit nicely into the corps, but when they were playing it just looked weird. :w00t:/>

• Like 1

Happy 50th anniversary to DatR Denver! Congratulations Mark Arnold, a special thanks to George and Lynn Lindstrom and thank you FN folks for a wonderful viewing experience on SQ : )

• Like 1

Don't particularly like Crown's new unis. They remind me of Magic of Orlando's back in the 90's. And Crown use of color in the show ( with the Guard ) seems subpar to me.

But this show overall from them is wonderfully, new, fresh, and innovative. I like the show, and the brass arrangements and its playing are outstanding.

Edited by BRASSO

Ditched when Sully came in and they ditched their Alexander Technique based visual style. That prep step was like thier "and" beat in look so it did serve a purpouse.

Yeah, I was on tour with BK for a few days a few times in 2008 and 2009 while working for Box 5. That was the first time I'd noticed the Prep Step and thought it was really unique. It's sad that it's gone. :( I mean, I did see it at the end of the show, but that's not enough for me. It is more than just a unique look ... it definitely served a purpose. Hopefully they put it back in next season.

BK... hmmm

Not sure at all. I'l get back to you if they can figure out the feel. The first half of the show I thought was quite dreadful. First circle was cool.. but it was forced..

Lets go SCV!

Who are YOU??

I loved BK = I will ponder the big blue ball! FYI.. I was not booing Crown just the constant chatter during their show.

• Like 1

Blue Knights. You have an AWESOME show. TAKE THE BALL OUT.

That ball looks like an afterthought. They wrote the show and thought "Hey, let's add this in to try and get the theme across more!" It's just sitting there for a good portion of the opener and then it's off to the side the rest of the time. Seriously, the show is freakin cool! But that ball needs to go.

C'mon man, where's your imagination? It's not a ball, IT'S THE EARTH! :w00t:/> :doh:/>

You can't take the earth out of the show, it's un-American! :cool:/>