Mile-High Mayhem!

Let me just say that I LOVE the way SCV uses their props this year. Brilliant. The hidden brass playing backfield and the tossed flags of various colors. AWESOME! :thumbup:/> :thumbup:/> :thumbup:/>

The props are fantastic this year! Incredible use of backfield playing

I'm not sure I would call the SCV panels across the back "props" ...

at this point they just sit there like many of the screens others have across the front to hide costume changes, block the judges etc.

there may be more to come ... the backfield playing is a nice effect though

BTW when SCV unveiled the unis there were guard members with blue jackets/vests on - wonder what happened to them ...

Edited by ashevillemurphy

at this point they just sit there like many of the screens others have across the front to hide costume changes, block the judges etc.

These are a bit more integral to the show than those front sideline screen, though...

These are a bit more integral to the show than those front sideline screen, though...

I went to bed just before BD performed. Watched the rest this morning. Crown and BD have interesting shows. I think BD will overtake Crown by Atlanta and not look back. I like Blue Knights show so much better this year! They just need to lose the recorded voice at the beginning as it's more of an annoyance than anything. At times it seems like the corps is there to accompany the voice. Good production again DCI.

I agree, based on just a few videos I've seen. BD has a great show design and their visual execution is rough (because show design seems very demanding). I think once Blue Devils get it together in a few weeks they'll be able to get by Crown. I could be wrong, and maybe Devs will keep it tight with Crown keeping in front all season long, but it just kind of seems to me that BD has a slightly better visual design that will change the score outcome significantly once it's clean. I agree that brass, music, and GE music are toss-ups between Crown & Dev's, and I can see either corps winning those captions with a solid run. But I think Crown is dominating visually because they are quite a bit cleaner, and once Devs have cleaner visual the GE Vis, + all Vis. captions could sway to BD winning. We'll see.

Cool thing is, I think Crown & Devs are in a legit shoot-out for the Championship, where right now either one could win

• Like 2

Maybe true of Crown -- I could imagine that performance being a bit better at this stage -- but I actually thought SCV really outdid themselves.

Oh and look, third place guard for BD.

I have seen all of the available videos on FN for both BD and Crown, and while both had their "best" shows of the season in total last night, I felt that both were also a bit "off", especially visually. Both had marching dirt that I had not seen in other videos (persons out of the forms, forms not hitting, etc). I don't know enough about guard to speak to that.

Ah, but maybe after tonight, Cadets are coming up on both Crown and Blue Devils??

• Like 2

I don't know enough about guard to speak to that.

You are selling yourself short OCA. Concentrate and you can hear if the snares/quads sound as one. With the guard, is their spacing and lines ok. Are the flags, rifles, sabers, etc. all at the same angle. Search or look at future pictures posted that have guard in it, or, if you have fan network, pause it on a guard toss of anything. Look at the angles.

Ah, but maybe after tonight, Cadets are coming up on both Crown and Blue Devils??

I hope so! I really love that beast of a show and they perform it so well over the broadcasts. Can't wait to see it live.