Warrensburg, MO TOC Smackdown!

No way the CC singing during the drum feature is live. It looks & sounds lip synced.

I cant believe we are talking about this in the Drum Corps activity.

Sorry Jessie Ventura...no conspiracy here. They were on camera for a bit too long during the MO show while they were performing it. Yes it's hard...yes those are very difficult intervals to sing and yes that is alot of demand.

No way the CC singing during the drum feature is live. It looks & sounds lip synced.

I cant believe we are talking about this in the Drum Corps activity.

While I was watching the brass warm up during intermission off to the side the 4 that do that singing during the drum feature were practicing and it was definitely live. I don't think they would practice it while warming up if they didn't do it live during the actual performance. I would think they would only practice on something they would do in the show. The 4 even took turns singing one at a time and then together, so I bet they do it during the show.

I was there last night and it wasn't disappointing at all!Everything was great. I really liked the bluecoats, but their new uniform makes them look shorter for some reason.Crown was amazing....didn't even noticed the narration in the ballad because I was so enraptured by the outstanding brass sound.Cadets had an amazing loud brass sound.My aunt thought they should have got second, ordinarily I would agree, but there were a few little hiccups, only a few but those little things add up.Great job all around last night!

Awesome! Then there should be no problem removing the ballad narration from the show!

Cmon Crown honks, please stop trying to defend the narration. Either you like it or you don't, but didn't notice it? Really?

• Like 3

Awesome! Then there should be no problem removing the ballad narration from the show!

Cmon Crown honks, please stop trying to defend the narration. Either you like it or you don't, but didn't notice it? Really?

I really didn't notice it much, there were a few spots but nothing to warrant it to be taken out completely, I watched the fan network video after i got back from watching it live and the narration sounds a lot louder watching it on the network, it's really subtle live, not defending it, but thats just how I felt after sitting in the stands watching it live compared to the live network streaming video.

Agreed. When watching these shows on the FN, you have take into consideration how close they put the mics to the speakers. What sounds like it's blaring on the FN is usually considerably less so in person. Even camera phone vids exaggerate the volume levels a good bit.

• Like 1

I find it funny that the best we can say about narration is something along the lines of "I didn't even notice it much."

Hardly a ringing endorsement. The reason I don't care for it is that I don't think it demonstrates any musical proficiency, i.e. it's not hard. There are 7 billion people in the world and most of them can talk. Not impressive. Singing? Meh. I can sing. Big deal. Claiming narration is "difficult" is laughable.

• Like 2

I find it funny that the best we can say about narration is something along the lines of "I didn't even notice it much."

Hardly a ringing endorsement. The reason I don't care for it is that I don't think it demonstrates any musical proficiency, i.e. it's not hard. There are 7 billion people in the world and most of them can talk. Not impressive. Singing? Meh. I can sing. Big deal. Claiming narration is "difficult" is laughable.

Talking is easy. Reciting verse, with perfect diction, inflection, timing, etc... is not. It is actually very musical, and I am impressed with how the young man is performing the poem in Crown's show. You do know that some people "talk" for a living (book narrators, announcers, etc...) and many of them work very hard at doing it well.

And as for the singing in this show.... I have heard professional level vocalists say that EoTB is possibly the most difficult piece of music to sing accurately. And while they are only doing a minute or so of the opera's vocal parts, the performers here are pulling it off wonderfully. And yes, it most certainly is being performed live... when they showed them close up on the video during the drum feature, you could hear the various voices drop out for a split second when they took their breaths.

• Like 2

sat across from one of the singers' proud parents at Warrensburg it is definitely live. Cant say I love the narration, but it didn't detract like other narrations have. as far as loudness of amplification the only one that was overtly over loud and made their show less desirable at the warrensburg event were the bluecoats in my opinion. It will be interesting to see how BLOO, Cavies and scouts jockey around in the next week (you can throw boston in there too)