Anatomy of a [useful] Care Package

I just received an e-mail from DCI regarding care packages that we can send. There are two versions: a Small for $25 and a Large for $50. For some reason, there are several items in each of the packages that seem rather useless--TO ME, that is.

I mean, a coloring book? And a ton of DCI-branded items that seem useful for AFTER tour and not before. The price also seems to be just a tad expensive, considering that it seems like most of the items can be purchased at a dollar store and it's practically free marketing for DCI.

So I ask the question to current members and alumni: What is the anatomy of a useful and/or AWESOME care package that you'd want to receive while on tour?

Socks

Sunscreen

Bug spray

favorite snacks

Gloves or instrument polish is always very useful

Small things from home that keep the connection going to family and friends back home

I'm not a current member or alumni, but I have a lot of friends who are both. The simple answer is this:

Gatorade

:tongue:

• Like 1

I'm also not a current member or an alumnus of any corps, but wouldn't it depend of the person you were sending it to?

I'm not a current member or alumni, but I have a lot of friends who are both. The simple answer is this:

Gatorade

:tongue:/>

Warm gatorade in a care package? No thanks!

Money or snacks.

I'm also not a current member or an alumnus of any corps, but wouldn't it depend of the person you were sending it to?

I guess I'd be trying to get a general idea of what members want these days. Do I focus on snacks and goodies? Do I focus on health-related stuff? etc

Never send chocolate it only melts and becomes frustrating to eat on a bus that you live on.

Gummies have a similar problem but tend to be funnier when they melt together into one big multicolored blob so the members wont be so bothered.

Sending Gatorade powder is good too.

Other than that crackers and finger snacks make great bus food for long bus rides.