Delightful Dekalb

Sorry, I understand you now and have deleted my post. There have been a few such sentiments and I carelessly jumped to conclude your post was in that vain. If I had noticed who said it, I would not have made such a boneheaded assumption.

As it sounds like you have been following this issue for a while, let me ask...do you think anything can be done?

now? this late in the season?

well......

let the staff on the road with them every day be able to make changes to get it clean. don't let design ego get in the way.

last year, I saw them mid july rehearse a section for an hour with little to no improvement. Field staff was pulling their hair out. I asked around and was told they weren't allowed to change anything.

saw them live at Allentown a few weeks later, same parts, same dirt...a week before finals.

can't fix what you can't change, and at some point, you've got to put on your big boy pants, admit it isn't working and change stuff that can be performed.

• Like 3

And other corps won't?

The Cadets and Blue Devils are experienced, but it happens entirely too often that a corps will get a very promising result at one show and they'll believe that things are looking up for their chances at moving up the ranks, only to get to their next few shows and find themselves in the hole again. I can't say what causes this, but it's common enough that I don't think anybody should be deciding that tonight marks the start of a new trend until the results are repeated twice in a row down the line.

• Like 2

One show does not purple diarrhea make! Now if this continues with gaps of over 0.5 You'll see full on ####### in the #purplepants here (even though I marched in white pants...even worse)

• Like 1

The Cadets and Blue Devils are experienced, but it happens entirely too often that a corps will get a very promising result at one show and they'll believe that things are looking up for their chances at moving up the ranks, only to get to their next few shows and find themselves in the hole again. I can't say what causes this, but it's common enough that I don't think anybody should be deciding that tonight marks the start of a new trend until the results are repeated twice in a row down the line.

You can not possibly believe that Cadets and BD are experienced and yet also believe that they would EVER take their placement for granted, stay comfortable, and believe/predict scoring trends. Cognitive dissonance! Does not compute!

I mean your comment makes it seem like Crown is the only corps that "knows how it all works" and is someone approaching their season/scores differently than other corps... as if its their championship to lose. It's not. It's literally a free for all right now. Just appreciate that competition and cheer for your home team.

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1

And tonight has only proven that while it can be crippling, it's not enough that they're consistently dropping overall decisions. Tonight was a huge bucking of the trend where we won't be able to tell how it will play out, but my dice are on that Crown are lighting a fire under themselves tonight so it doesn't happen again.

Saturday they were 5th. if they don't start showing marked improvement, numbers management will inflate the spreads by August, and possibly see other corps pass them too.

One show does not purple diarrhea make! Now if this continues with gaps of over 0.5 You'll see full on ####### in the #purplepants here (even though I marched in white pants...even worse)

you mean like .7 out Saturday in Minnesota?

you mean like .7 out Saturday in Minnesota?

Yeah...2 shows in a row. A .7 spread would've earned a win tonight. They have to stay close in percussion. They cannot have huge gaps. They'll have to increase GE spreads to help counter a percussion deficit and that's tough to do late in the game.

Yeah...2 shows in a row. A .7 spread would've earned a win tonight. They have to stay close in percussion. They cannot have huge gaps. They'll have to increase GE spreads to help counter a percussion deficit and that's tough to do late in the game.

large percussion spreads will start to bleed over to ensemble

• Like 2