Delightful Dekalb

Unless you are referring to ANCHOR as what is weighing them down and holding them back...??

That's actually what I meant. Sorry For Not Being Clear

I seem to recall a certain Crown drumline finishing second one year.

I may be wrong, but I think it may have been 2009, and it helped that Cadets had a pretty major fall at finals IIRC. The percussion section was pretty sick that year.

I do know that the Bluecoats put in a lot of changes for 3 days prior to Minnesota, so their performance levels might be off and on by the day, but I just do not see the Cavaliers anywhere in the ball park with Bloo. Just my 2 cents.

I think Bloo must have had a bad run and maybe the Cavaliers are getting better too. I think with the Cavaliers' show, they're going to be slowly rising until finals.

Of course that's just my opinion.

I think there's something that needs to be pointed out:

These kids aren't robots.

Off-nights happen all the time. Ensemble tears, brain farts, drops, tiredness, etc. These are real things that can happen to anyone on any given night. When interesting score things happen, like tonight, we're so quick to "blame" the judges for it...they can only judge what they see/hear. If what they see/hear is an off-night for that caption, then that's how it gets scored.

You will sometimes take a step or two back (or even more!) in a given night, or even set of nights, because these kids are human.

Right on.. And at this level, that can be the difference between 1st or 5th. Its an amazing time for competition in DCI and we should be happy for the parity across the board. :thumbup:

• Like 1

I think there's something that needs to be pointed out:

These kids aren't robots.

Off-nights happen all the time. Ensemble tears, brain farts, drops, tiredness, etc. These are real things that can happen to anyone on any given night. When interesting score things happen, like tonight, we're so quick to "blame" the judges for it...they can only judge what they see/hear. If what they see/hear is an off-night for that caption, then that's how it gets scored.

You will sometimes take a step or two back (or even more!) in a given night, or even set of nights, because these kids are human.

The overall swings weren't too wild to really rule this out, save maybe Bluecoats dropping back to just above the Cavaliers. The Cadets could have just as easily had a hot night while Crown had a colder one.

It may also have to do with corps attitudes towards the competition, though, just as an incredibly unlikely speculation. Cavaliers and Cadets both impress me as placing a lot more emphasis on ToC than their competition does. It has to do with Facebook.

• Like 1

I think Bloo must have had a bad run and maybe the Cavaliers are getting better too. I think with the Cavaliers' show, they're going to be slowly rising until finals.

Of course that's just my opinion.

I agree. Cavies, from what I saw in the webcast last night, comparing with what I saw at Akron, are getting much better.

And Bloo is having a couple off days, which is fine. You can tell by the fluctuating of their scores (78 to 80 back down to 79)

I may be wrong, but I think it may have been 2009, and it helped that Cadets had a pretty major fall at finals IIRC. The percussion section was pretty sick that year.

Not particularly double checking it for facts, but the major reason Cadets did not break 98 total that year and wound up in third was because their percussion dropped a whole point from Semis, even though almost every other caption saw large improvement.