San Antonio Showdown

There's that, but there's also that GE is killing them right now. They were hit even harder this week by it than they were last. It's a big reason we're still talking about them trying to make Finals instead of talking about them overtaking Spirit as it looked like they might be able to do being only .1 behind in Minne.

The battle for Finals TOP 12 status is a good one. 3 Corps are neck and neck for that coveted spot. Troopers, Crossmen, Blue Stars. All good Corps, and with the Blue Stars with the slight edge right now.

Treat the tuba section like a high school sousa section? Cmon thats low, but I do see where your going with this one. It's just how BD does drill and in some ways it is better with all those poles around. By finals those tubas would be dented like crazy if they had that kind of drill.

Its a trend with them....always at 4 step intervals, step size is always 8 to 5 or smaller.....nowhere near the difficulty of crown or cadets

Just sayin'

Also, good on the Blue Stars, a big shout out to the Scouts (man that show got to me); superb classic DC from SCV and Cadets....CC...mad skills - I think this duel with BD will make you that much stronger....and...this ain't over.

• Like 2

There is some mighty early celebrating going on here. .25 is not much of a margin.

You are right, it is certainly too close to call right now, but it is a good time to start worrying.

I honestly think Crown's show is maybe becoming a bit stale for the members. They were performing it so well just a couple weeks into the season, I think maybe the cleaning is getting tedious for them (other than for the percussion, I would imagine). There is actually a few things I noticed tonight that didn't go so well, that have been spot on in every other performance I have seen this year, and there were many reports of a "off night" at their last show. Maybe they are working on some really specific stuff and neglecting some others right now... I'm not really sure. I think some changes are in order, not so much because the show needs to be massively improved upon, but just to re-focus the members.

That could also pretty well be the case. Crown isn't quite as used to being in the position they're in as BD and the Cadets are.

Also, just noticed this, but Pioneer got a .7 penalty tonight. Wonder what it was for?

Its a trend with them....always at 4 step intervals, step size is always 8 to 5 or smaller.....nowhere near the difficulty of crown or cadets

I guess the judges feel differently.

double post

Edited by ContraFart

Surprised about the spread between BK and the Cavaliers. In my opinion it should be Cavaliers 9th, Blue Knights 8th, Madison Scouts 7th.

Performance order hurt Blue Knights- hard to jump in front when you go before the intermission and your target is the second corps after intermission.

Totally agree.

• Like 1

Playing devil's advocate (I generally agree with you on Tuba drill, it was my biggest problem with the Boston Crusaders for a long time, and this year lacks it.) but BD marches bigger and more awkwardly balanced horns than the Yamahas that Crown and Cadets are toting. I don't think that's an excuse, but it's something that rarely gets considered.

You are right, it is certainly too close to call right now, but it is a good time to start worrying.

I wouldn't really call it "worrying"

I would say it is more having a sense of urgency. Knowing where you stand an that you'll have to work your butt off till the finish.

• Like 3