San Antonio Showdown

Some quick thoughts....

Sat on 40 side 2 for most of show but good friend of mine has to leave after Cavies so my wife and I got to sit on top row of 1st deck on 50... Best seats!!

Amazed at the depth this year! Colts, Pac Crest Troopers, Crossmen and Blue Stars all much improved!

Spirit was very entertaining live and I enjoyed it.

Blue Stars have cool elements but if they didn't have voodoo dolls in the guard I'd never know what the show was about. They are much improved from a year ago!

Ditto for Crossmen- Best playing Crossmen I a long long time!! They lit it up. Visual package could fit on post it note. Disappointed because they should be top 10 this year.

Troopers have the most complete show and most room to grow! Loved it and they don't have glaring weakness just cleaning to do! I'm calling troopers in on Sat Night in Indy

Boston struggled in the opener then played very well from then on. I like the Uni Change but I'd rather see them start with them. Show is a reach this year but performed well!

BK like Troop has the most to clean in the group with the most potential! Closer still seems to fade a bit and new ending needs a little more time but is really really cool! They have the complete package and I could see them 8th or a chance at 7th in Indy

Cavies- Big feet mess... The old Cavie bent leg technique was so cool now there are 100 versions of it in the corps. Not sure why the score to Madison is so close. It really should be. A better show and corps overall this year but still gimmicky and bandoish at times

Madison put chills down my spine and tears in my eyes... Just truly special, best Mad team since 99. They really are lighting it up! Room to grow but as much as I wanna see them top. 5-6 it's probably not happening. Phantom and Bloo very good but judges seem to be low balling the Scouts! Big fan this year

Bloo- had to get food, normally never miss any top six but INT so #### crowded... Tried to make it back but listened from tunnel. Wife saw it and loved it.

Phantom- Not a fan... Not sure why they have a giant creeper guy come in from back sideline but its just strange! Performance so good they'll likely be ndower than 5... Loved Nimrod

SCV- Favorite corps of the night... They tore it up and the show is just so well written from every aspect. Vis, Music, Guard all integrated so well! Easy top 3 any year, not this year!

Cadets like should've been top 2 tonight. After a shaky 1st 20 sec they just threw down! Loved it, best Cadet Hornline since early 2000's.. mazing musical writing. Just a great show!

Love Crown, they have the best Hornline in DCI history this year... Really... But they were off. Phasing between drums to horns, bad battery attacks, phasing in baritone soli.. Just feels like they've lost a little of their way. Hard not to turn on a section that's held u back for so many years but its glaring!!! Perc is killing them. They won't win unless the Perc is at least top 4!

BD- Weird Devils... Actually I am starting to like this show. I'm not loving it but they are marching a pretty badarse drill and playing incredibly! They deserved to win.... They were better than Cadets and Crown tonight. Maybe the next time is different but the judges card it right!

Fantastic Show... Great night

Wes P

• Like 8

Not sure if anyone said this but it looks like a lot of corps are paired into groups of 2... some I dont agree with.

Crown, BD

Phantom, Coats

Scouts, Cavies

Crossmen, Troopers

PC, Colts

OC, Mandarins

I disagree that Crossmen and Troopers, as well as Crown and BD are groups of 2. I would definitely throw Blue Stars into the first group and Cadets into the second group, at least.

Agreed, they were incredible tonight. Definitely the loudest audience reaction by far, only Madison even came close!

Yes, it seems like SCV will turn out to be the #1 national fan favorite show this year if the sense of the audience reception at all these shows they are in is any indication. Audiences love this SCV 2013 show. I'm in agreement too with these audiences from coast to coast on SCV's show. Its great ! :thumbup:

• Like 2

That is the way I'm reading the numbers too. They just need a favorable guard judge for finals.

Their Guard is really not getting the credit they deserve. I see them in 3-4 in guard but the spread was ridiculous. Watch the webcam again and tell me that guard is that far from the top spot. Gilley is a horrendous judge.

• Like 1

I disagree that Crossmen and Troopers, as well as Crown and BD are groups of 2. I would definitely throw Blue Stars into the first group and Cadets into the second group, at least.

I'd have to say the so-called groups are much larger than 2 or 3 corps, and that a lot of corps belong to more than one group. Santa Clara are clearly looking to join up with the three above them in a nearly 1 point spread. Phantom and Bloo both want to encroach on SCV, and two points isn't as much at this point of the season as anyone would ever have you believe. I could go on for a while if I started talking about that not a single corps from 12th on down doesn't have at least a shot at Finals, though the drop-off for now is at the Colts and Pacific Crest. A week ago, I would've said 11th on down, but Spirit are pulling things together better than to deserve me saying that.

So you speak for the fan base? :blink:/>/>

My fan is old and the base is about to fall off........what should I do?

Ask David Gibbs to spring you loan to get a wall A/C.

So you speak for the fan base? :blink:/>/>

My fan is old and the base is about to fall off........what should I do?

No I don't, and i never said I did...but I do understand that demand drives revenue, and thatvthe lack thereof can cause serious fiscal problems.

Just watching from Fan Network, quick thoughts:

1) Wow, Crown was WAAAAAYYY off tonight. Worst performance this season that I have seen. The dome seemed to swallow their horn line up. What happened?? :(

2) Cadets should have won tonight, no doubt. Wow, I was extremely surprised by the execution of Cadets tonight. This is not my favorite show, but they just nailed it tonight. Props.

3) BD really fills up the dome with sound. Unlike anyone else. You gotta give it to them, they are just out executing everyone else.

Just not into many shows this year -- Blooo, PR, and SCV are usually favorites for me, but not this year. Although Blooo's execution really reminds me of BD. Hate the source material, but they are really good.

And if DCI continues to ignore the fan base, what happens to ticket sales, merchandise sales, donations, etc.? I'm not at all calling conspiracy here, but the reality is the fan base ain't buying it...and the fan base has the $$ that keeps this thing floating.

So if it puts butts in seats we throw out the sheets? I'm ok with that. Best chance Madison has at another ring anytime soon!