Phantom Regiment 2013- too much of a good thing?

Part of the disconnect with the story is that the "enchanted forest" has no reference to a dragon. There are scary trees, guard, percussion and horns but no reference to a dragon in all the time they spend on that section of the show.

In the Nimrod section, Zena gets her sword and gets brave.

After Nimrod and a few minutes of drill (which I can't equate to the story) she then slays a dragon? Where did this dragon come from, what reference to the story was it up to this point and where did the scary enchanted forest go?

The story has more holes in it than Prometheus.

• Like 4

Time for the dragon to act like one?

I am in agreement here. After seeing them live in Dekalb and comparing them to the rest of the competition, they do need to start adding whatever finishing touches/tweaks they have planned so they have time to polish them for the big dance.

I think the basic premise of the show is sound but in need of fleshing out. I truly would like to see the guard do more with equipment...they certainly have the talent! Phantomettes, you're stunning! The big hit in Nimrod is such an opportunity, much like the end of Cadet's opener with all that beautiful unison work. :worthy:

The drumline is showing promise and the hornline continues to improve. I think things are starting to shape up for them.

Not really loving what the west coast has to offer this year. My money is on the East Coast with a shout out to my home team!

SUTA

• Like 1

There doesn't seem to be another show until the 19th. These next couple days would probably be a great opportunity to make some changes if any are in the works!

I wasn't even aware there was supposed to be a dragon in this show.

Reminds me of Madison's abysmal 09 show (which doesn't actually exist in my mind). There's no antagonist for the audience to latch on to; what's the point of having a hero if there isn't a counterbalance to make the hero's experience feel relevant? Spartacus and Faust were so compelling in part because the audience got to see them fail against an opposing force. Faust even had a deux ex machina (and depending on how you look at it, Spartacus did too), but it was still much more interesting as an audience member because of the main character's struggles.

So yeah,

Edited by NR_Ohiobando
  • Like 2

C'mon, there has been a dragonish theme for the last couple years at least:

regimentuniforms.jpg

Edited by Barifonium