Denton, TX

Crown's percussion strikes again

Actually, for someone that has been watching the numbers very closely all year....what was different tonight was the visual captions. The percussion is just about where they always are. The difference tonight was in Vis perf and Vis Analysis.

• Like 1

Seems so artificial.... like they are trying to create drama.

Not really, if you ask me. Everything is well within the range of performance excellence versus performance weakness. A few captions look suspicious, but the overall scores aren't.

Edited by DrumcorpsmademeaTuba

interesting tidbits on the recap:

ge visual, analysis and proficiency all book tying performer for Crown

Cavies percussion the difference maker over BK

Crossmens visual holding them back

the amount of sub box ties is amazing

Actually, for someone that has been watching the numbers very closely all year....what was different tonight was the visual captions. The percussion is just about where they always are. The difference tonight was in Vis perf and Vis Analysis.

visual didnt help, but I'm betting percussion is affecting music analysis now too

• Like 1

Seems so artificial.... like they are trying to create drama.

YES! Not to slight any corps, seems there was a memo sent out to create several points of drama to get people in the stadium in San Antonio.

I was there, and though I liked Crossmen, their and BD's placement seems questionable. Spirit too low. Crest too low. BK much too high.

• Like 4

Percussion Judge M. Griffin that had Crown in 5th in drums tonite will also judge Percussion Sat. nite in San Anton. Regionals.

Thats not neccessarily a bad thing for Crown, as it gives them a 2nd chance to impress with him in back to back shows. Its better to get this judge's read now, because he might be doing Finals Nite in August, who knows. Crown lost by a tenth, so its not like Crown needs a lot more from their Percussion line. They just have to carry their weight a little bit more as a section, thats all.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

YES! Not to slight any corps, seems there was a memo sent out to create several points of drama to get people in the stadium in San Antonio.

I was there, and though I liked Crossmen, their and BD's placement seems questionable. Spirit too low. Crest too low. BK much too high.

I couldn't disagree more. I won't exactly claim to be a fan of Crossmen's show this year, but to discount them from jumping up to take back a spot from the Blue Stars is absolutely asinine. They have all the possible execution areas to make it happen, and honestly I'm surprised the took the spot without taking GE.

Saying Spirit are too low as well doesn't seem right. They had a strong show a near month ago, but the problem was that it was also incredibly complete, and not in the good way.