Denton, TX

This is what Crown needed to watch out for, BD is starting to get clean. The recap shows them getting credit for the demand in the content/composition sub-captions and beating Crown there. Crown is still taking the achievement/execution sub-caption. The cleaner BD gets the more credit they'll get for this monster of a design .

Winning those sub captions along with the spread in percussion will be enough to sink Crown unless some changes are made. BD won't necessarily have to "out perform" Crown to pass them the way these sheets are written!!

Or quite possibly that was a very favorable panel for blue devils, that's the impression I got. The same judges have had crown down to blue devils all year. Turner, Tortia, Morris , have all had blue devils up all season, when they all judge the same show together, damage can be done. I wouldn't take one shows results to mean the tides have turned. I won't be surprised if that one point lead returns this weekend in crowns favor.

• Like 4

So now Cadets are 1st in music analysis?

I was shocked they were placing so low in MA with such solid Brass and Percusdion sections. Now lets clean that guard and recover those towers and oil those wheels..

Two wonderful judges..

Gilley and Kemp for the Cadets. They will drop them 0.5 from where every other judge puts them.

Edited by newjerseycorpguy

Two wonderful judges..

Gilley and Kemp for the Cadets. They will drop them 0.5 from where every other judge puts them.

Those were the two guys judging from the grassy knoll, right?

Jersey guys are brutal conspiracy theorists.

If Cadets win you'll say the panel was excellent.

• Like 2

This was gonna sort of be my response to those saying Crown had an "off" night. Maybe it's other corps getting better.

Crown's percussion score was up by .2 last night when compared to Bentonville, yet their overall score dropped by .55. That's a .75 delta when the percussion score is pulled from the total. So, I'm casting my vote for an "off night."

Those were the two guys judging from the grassy knoll, right?

Jersey guys are brutal conspiracy theorists.

If Cadets win you'll say the panel was excellent.

No conspiracy theory, I look at recaps and see where numbers fall out of the norm.

• Like 1

Crown's percussion scores are going to be difficult to overcome, but this is getting exciting, right?

Edited by jmc5682
  • Like 2

No conspiracy theory, I look at recaps and see where numbers fall out of the norm.

What's "the norm" on any given night, considering a corps can have a bad run?