Denton, TX

Those recaps are interesting tonight. SCV almost half a point down in percussion? Crown 3rd in vis. Proficiency. Crown almost a point out of 1st for percussion.

Good job Crossmen! Hope they can take some momentum from this and keep moving up!

I guess it comes down to Who's judges on What night! All three corps at the top are about even!thumbup.gif

That's exactly what it is now. First year in a long time where you have a bad show on the wrong night and you can drop to 3rd after winning the night before...

• Like 4

Even though I dont like all the shows, it being this close is awesome. Runaway corps make it no fun!

Lets not forget BK tonite. They are right on the heels of the Cavaliers.

Also good nite for Crossmen who topped the Blue Stars. The competition to make that 12th Finals spot is going to be a good one and with several Corps within its reach.

SCV:

Well I was pleasantly surprised and blown away. A great show with lots of audience appeal. Great drum line and color guard.

Think they have done a good job of simply interpreting the music and not doing the story line of Les Mis.

Cadets:

An amazing corps that should challenge the top spot come finals. The props are at times an issue. I am curious to see

how they read in a large stadium. Fantastic drum line. Maybe their best ever! Brass pitch and quality issues tonight.

Crown:

Well, I was blown away and found them the clear winner tonight. Everything about the show is unbelievable. As a person with

considerable percussion experience, though I thought them clearly behind Cadets and BD in drums, I did not find them far behind. I confidently think they are the corps to beat come finals. That horn line, WOW!

BD:

Knowing Rite quite well, I did find the arrangements to often be quite well done and creative. The show is intriguing and though provoking for sure. The last two minutes are the weakest. Some have talked about the fact that they have increased demand is an part of their not scoring at the top every night. Ummm, I don't see or hear it. The demand overall is much less than their area competitors. Creative and experimental, yes. HIgh level of demand and rewardable achievement...maybe lower than most in top twelve, except battery.

Cavies:

It hurt them going on after the last four groups. They are super dirty. The show does not flow well though there are several cool effects, however, those are not however based on drill or music. The theme or storyline is hard to follow. The drums are good but were at times amazing tonight and at times very dirty tonight. Some real talent in the guard though they had many drop. The brass were the biggest disappointment if not down right questionable in every way. I found myself cringing at times. Not sure what they can do. Merely cleaning is not enough. Thought they should be below Spirit in most all captions.

Edited by tigger2
  • Like 6

Seems so artificial.... like they are trying to create drama.

• Like 4

Crown's percussion strikes again

• Like 6

Lets not forget BK tonite. They are right on the heels of the Cavaliers.

Also good nite for Crossmen who topped the Blue Stars. The competition to make that 12th Finals spot is going to be a good one and with several Corps within its reach.

Gonna be very interesting.... BK has new closer stuff/ending so they've got some cleaning to do but are down .3 to the Cavies... Look out Green Machine HERE COME THE BLUE KNIGHTS!!!

• Like 1