Denton, TX

I do thing Crown could have had an off night, but BD has to be stoked as I think this is the fist time they have beaten Crown since they left CA.

• Like 3

Blue Stars gonna take Spirit at this one.

:doh:

• Like 1

I would love to see a different winner each night at Indy. Make all three keep working it and pulling out all the stops. I have a feeling we are in store for some amazing performances!!

We essentially have a three way tie

BD won Visual

Crown won GE

Cadets won Music

Makes things interesting

And if that continues, Crown takes the Gold. Cadets could win if they take visual caption (proficiency has been their strength and guard is either in the run or gets dumped depending on judge) and music caption. BD wins if they stay close to Crown in GE.

Edited by newjerseycorpguy

Crown's percussion scores are going to be difficult to overcome, but this is getting exciting, right?

If they are "destined" to win by the judging community, you will see other caption spreads increase over spot 2 to compensate for perceived percussion weakness. Mark my words.

• Like 3

If they are "destined" to win by the judging community, you will see other caption spreads increase over spot 2 to compensate for perceived percussion weakness. Mark my words.

I am not a believer in your judging conspiracy theories. My father was a member of the drum corps judging community in CA (used to be Pacific Coast Judges Association but has certainly changed since back in the day), but what you are suggesting just DOES NOT HAPPEN.

• Like 3

Sorry.... It's different! With respect to your father from the western circuit, now adays is completely different. When there used to be 2 big regionals in the summer no one saw each other for long stretches... Now corps see each other every weekend. Conspiracy? No, but storylines sell tickets and all of the Regionals sans Allentown are multi thousand seat domes or stadiums. Trust me corps A might be competitive with Corps B, but allow for a flopping of placements and watch reaction... BD over Criwn, Cadets virtually tied... Bluecoats, Madison, Phantom all close, BK fighting Cavies to very tight race, Blue Stars losing to Crossmen who lost to Colts earlier, Troop lurking... You bet they do this stuff. It's not conspiracy, it keeps fans watching and corps pushing their products even harder.

• Like 5

I am not a believer in your judging conspiracy theories. My father was a member of the drum corps judging community in CA (used to be Pacific Coast Judges Association but has certainly changed since back in the day), but what you are suggesting just DOES NOT HAPPEN.

Why during the week in Indy, all of a sudden we get these huge spreads appearing between corps that were relatively close prior? Lets say for example, we go into Indy with Crown/Cadets/BD very tight (95.9, 95.6, 95.5), I guarantee by finals that becomes 98.3, 97.4, 96.8. You know what I'm talking about..I'm not saying conspiracy, just the number management technique used. Two brass lines can't tie? If two corps are really close, every judge feels inclined to separate them by a .1 or .2, it winds up bring a point plus spread! (Unless a corps has one weak caption). Maybe it doesn't matter...

Edited by newjerseycorpguy
  • Like 2

Agreed NewJersey... Storylines sell tickets and create revenue. How many fans would go to Finals week if you knew the placements ahead of time?

• Like 2