ATLANTA, GA

Read the link I posted (or take a basic economics class). The fact that WWE makes millions is completely irrelevant to how much money DCI charges.

really no reason for you to get rude or insulting -- his point is VALID - it is a much smaller audience and DCI is probably just looking to recoup costs --- whereas WWE can flush out millions from their much larger fan base and the laws of supply vs. demand

As for the $69 price for non-FN users (to date), I do think that's a bit steep. Yes, it's cheaper than driving or flying to Indy, paying for hotel, food, tickets, etc; but you have to factor in that folks that attend live think of it more like a vacation. Online users of FN will see it more like a service that suffices when we can't have the real thing (and I think we'd all rather have the real thing).

I think double the cost of a regional would be fare. This show costs $24.95, so $50 would be a bit more fare, and perhaps $30 extra for current FN users.

DCI is on the right track here. Broadband is the way to go. Lots of options for them in the future with this model. We'll have to see how they build the price for Finals into their total FN package next year.

• Like 1

Read the link I posted (or take a basic economics class). The fact that WWE makes millions is completely irrelevant to how much money DCI charges.

I know all to well what wwe makes. I also have an understanding of DCI's economics. It won't stop your rant anyways so you keep on #####ing I just figured out 10 less stops at Starbucks pays for finals and gives DCI some bedded cash. Like maybe they can buy bandwidth

If Crossmen are protesting should they have huge smiles and mouths wide open?

well the "occupy" folks were protesting large corporations and capitalism while listening to their ipods and drinking starbucks - so yes, in context of protests, it makes perfect sense :tongue: :tongue:

This is one of those years you need to be in your seats early at Semi-finals because the bottom half is generally more entertaining than the top half. Just sayin'.

AGREED - the 18-10 place corps are stronger than ever!!

DCI barely covers costs now with individual buyers and subscriptions now. The fan network with single buys and those of us paying $69 annually isn't filling the coffers to over flowing.

So you have 3 options:

Pay it and deal.

Don't pay it and #####

Go to Indy

Trust me the fan network is NOT making DCI a ton of money. I mean they can barely keep #### from freezing up every corps as it is

You don't seem to be getting it. My complaint has nothing to do with whether I will pay for it or not. I probably will happily pay for it because I am a diehard fan. The point is that they can be making MORE money by charging less and attracting a larger audience.

1000X$20 > 100X$70

• Like 2

Soo Happy the Crossmen got rid of that awkward pause at the end of their drum break.

It's going to be a tough call between Troopers and Crossmen. Both corps threw down and both have similar issues at this point in the season. Right now, I think Crossmen have the edge from a Music Analysis standpoint, but not by much.