ATLANTA, GA

Don't count out Troopers. I believe they can do it.

How is it rude? Everyone is ignorant of some things. And yes ... I have a degree in economics and a J.D., but why should that matter? Did I say anything that was not true?

Well, your presumption that Jeff (or whomever you were responding to) was ignorant of economics, just because he came to a different conclusion than you did, that's rude. And your premise that DCI's finals stream is a commodity that has a knowable optimal price is not true.

Boston got NO favors in ANY of the Regionals draws. They got terrible draws in all 3 Regionals. I am also not surprised that none of their alums or fans complained about their terrible draws for Minny, San Anton, and Atlanta either. ' Didn't hear a peep out of them. I'm also not surprised that non of their fans or alums complained when the Cavaliers got into the TOC this season despite not qualifying for it under the rules set up. They did don't complain on here. Nor About judges. About draws. About anything beyond their control. Thats one of the things I like about Boston, as well as other Corps whose fans or alums rarely seem to complain on here, or make excuses on here. I find the Troopers another admirable group. They rarely have fans or alums complain or make excuses on here either.

My respect for Boston as a corps skyrocketed this year, largely due to those reasons. I didn't have the highest opinion of them after 2011 but these last two programs they've put on the field have made me a permanent fan. It's a shame they're not scoring better, but as tonight helped to show, they're looking like a late blooming corps.

• Like 4

You yourself said that you were glad the system would not be overwhelmed with too many users. Obviously there are limitations to putting out a good product that are related to the number of users, whether it is bandwidth or some other factor ... thus, it is a finite commodity.

Expertise and experience are not commodities, alas. At least, not ones that DCI can afford given the size of their audience. Best to err on the side of caution is my angle. It's not an economic argument. It's a real-world, practical one.

Don't count out Troopers. I believe they can do it.

Its a longshot, as the Blue Stars, an improved Corps this year, have a 1.8 edge right now. But Boston closed the gap by 2 points in 1 week, so it can be done.

The Troopers are one of DCI's " Top Acts " this year with audiences, and there is simply no denying this fact. No WC corps has improved placement this year more than the Troopers have. Their season is already a smashing success by most standards. :thumbup:/

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

Agreed....something sounded 'fishy' at the beginning. Missing something that is usually there. Judge knocked down bass 5.

That's too bad that the judge got in the way and knocked the kid over. Looked like he went down pretty hard.

The sound effects were during the "evil queen" section too. Sounded very strange, not really what I expect from Phantom

I always wondered what would happen if the Bluecoats were the Blue Devils, and some people in the audience were yelling " Boo!! Boo !! " and others were heard yelling out " Blue!! Blue !!" We'd have debates galore on DCP if more people were " Booing " or " Blueing " their score. We'd probably then need DCP poster Michael Boo to settle this once and for all for us. He probably knows more about the Boos than anybody here.

I always assumed that when fans "Boo'ed" at a DCI event they were actually cheering for Boo the man!

Also, in your hypothesis above Michael Boo wouldn't settle boo vs blue, he would just continually remind the newbies it's Bluecoats and not Blue Coats: if they're Blue'ing that means they're at least not Blue Coat'ing :tongue:

Agreed....something sounded 'fishy' at the beginning. Missing something that is usually there. Judge knocked down bass 5.

That's too bad that the judge got in the way and knocked the kid over. Looked like he went down pretty hard.

The sound effects were during the "evil queen" section too. Sounded very strange, not really what I expect from Phantom

Just letting you all know that Bass 5 is ok.

Sound effects: I've re-listened to the MTSU show, there seem to be some howling wolf sounds in there.

It's still my opinion that the whole forest scene and dragon slaying sequence need adjustments. Too much percussion in the first (the horns' original parts have been cut for a while now) and the drill still needs more velocity in the latter. And more color, too!

Edited by chaos001