ATLANTA, GA

as much of a Crossmen fan as I am, I'm glad to see Troopers got the place they deserve.

Crossmen will clean and be in the chase .

Love the program . .

Recap

12 th -in brass

12th -in guard

12th - in ensemble music

13 th in -drums

Clean the fresh changes . Visual will clean .

Love the changes.

BONES .

Troopers were on tonight .

Overall great show by all .

Edited by Jerseyboy

Boston got NO favors in ANY of the Regionals draws. They got terrible draws in all 3 Regionals. I am also not surprised that none of their alums or fans complained about their terrible draws for Minny, San Anton, and Atlanta either. ' Didn't hear a peep out of them. I'm also not surprised that non of their fans or alums complained when the Cavaliers got into the TOC this season despite not qualifying for it under the rules set up. They did don't complain on here. Nor About judges. About draws. About anything beyond their control. Thats one of the things I like about Boston, as well as other Corps whose fans or alums rarely seem to complain on here, or make excuses on here. I find the Troopers another admirable group. They rarely have fans or alums complain or make excuses on here either. Blue Knights and Colts are 2 others that come to mind.

While some fans may not make excuses or complain, there are plenty of these same fans who make themselves feel better by constantly wishing ill will towards corps that place ahead of them. I read it in show reviews and in individual comments posted on this board and I'm not just referring to things said about the Cavies.

I'm so sick and tired of hearing these same people whine and complain about the "G7" and the TOC. If any corps has a right to participate in the TOC its the Cavaliers. Last time I checked the Cavaliers had 7 championships.

And BTW cavies did not do much better with the draw of time slot in ATL.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 3

the WORDS are on the sheet... it's being ignored.

well...no. audience engagement doesnt equate to throwing babies. perhaps you should see the GE sheets to see what they discuss. Really, the audienae is that judge. engagement has a lot more meaning to it than standing up and cheering

• Like 2

Just letting you all know that Bass 5 is ok.

good that he's okay. I've seen kids get hurt by having those big drums land on top of them when they fall

• Like 1

great top to bottom show. I'm going to like Allentown next weekend. Honestly, the corps outside of the top 3 held my attention best.

recaps...Crown on the field visually and drums the big hurt right now.

SCV 2nd field visual and perc...wow. I still say that show needs just something more...not sure yet. top 4 1.55 away from each other

if I'm cavies I'm very nervous about Boston and BK.

Troop maing a run past Bones, mstly due to visual. Dunno if they can catch Blue Stars who closed the gap to Spirit.

Colts...PC is breathing down your neck

Academy...here comes OC

so many plots thicken

• Like 3

Here we go...

Edited by lOST BOY

Now we are gone

Edited by lOST BOY

A few quick thoughts - I thought Cadets should have won tonight, BD was my personal favorite (Vanguard was 2nd), and I found Crown, as impressive as they are, to be surprisingly boring. The last time I was that bored was when I saw BD 2007 live. I almost fell asleep...but then again, I wound up loving that show later on, so maybe this one just needs a little more time to grow on me. Anyway, I was a little bummed that I wasn't able to get there until Vanguard, but it was still nice to see a few corps.

• Like 2

They really don't have a lot over Crown, except percussion. When we're talking about 0.4 difference between the two corps, and when your dealing with the high caliber of the top three corps this summer, all within a point of each other, Crown can't afford to make mistakes, even the tiniest ones....spacing, intonation, articulation, dropped rifles, or flags not being in sync with each other...each one of those will add up and you see it here.....I personally didn't see or hear BD outperforming Crown tonight from the fan network, but those judges on the field are up close and personal, they're making sure each player is doing what is necessary to obtain those high points. Like I said there's not a huge lead or spread at all....Crown just has to be perfect and push themselves as hard as they can, and their drumline is getting better......but there's only two weeks to finals. So if the battery can't reach a bit high score, it's going to have to be up to the other parts of the corps to pick up the spread and gain higher points to compensate for the battery, that's a lot of pressure on the other members of the corps, but if they want that title this year they are just going to have to perfect. They can't rely on BD or Cadets to make mistakes so they can pull ahead, so its up to each individual to put forth the effort to insure a win. All top three corps this year are insanely good, well, top four corps. It's going to be a wild ride in the next two weeks.