The Greyhound Throwdown!

I believe they did the same in '97 with the dead pirate captain. If you're selling the production from beginning to end, why wouldn't you carry the dead off the field?

Comparing dead American soldiers to a fantasy pirate in a tongue and cheek humorous part of a show is also offensive. You must be kidding.

• Like 4

Nice drum score Blue Stars! Must've been quite a friendly j-

J. Pipitone

Tonight is a harbinger of the end times. I never thought I would see the day. Another down guard day (Admittedly far less down than the ridiculous 14.8 from yesterday.) if you ask me, but I'm definitely most interested in Niebauer's opinion on Colts' visual GE package...

Lol...when cadets did it it was pandering and offensive and meant to be a cheap GE trick. But Madison??? how could you be offended!

(Havent seen the show yet, so i'll reserve my own judgement. But the sentiment that folks cant even perceive why one would be offended is strange, to say the least)

• Like 1

I can't imagine there are any active or retired military who would be offended by the handling of the "dead" soldiers. If I remember correctly (and please someone speak up if I'm wrong), James Mason's own son is active duty military...possibly even special forces/ops.

• Like 3

Cadets won....CRAP

easy bud........lol.....they're both excellent corps, and it was only by .35. Congrats to both corps

.8 drum spread is pretty responsible for that difference. Corps tied in GE, Crown lost vis by .05, and were down by .2 in Music because of that percussion spread

That's not that much of an anomaly though compared to other shows. They are going to have to be better almost everywhere else to overcome the difference.

Those drum scores.....it seems like Crown's book has the difficulty but the execution isn't there. The Blue Stars are technically playing cleaner. At least that means the percussion won't peak and there's room for the achievement to catch up to the content.

And let's face it -- the ending is not effective. Never had been. Will be interesting to watch what happens the rest of the week. Two rehearsal days to clean. BD back in the mix Thursday and then Sat/Sun (and presumably with all the changes).

Cadets will win this show...just to #### off "The South". :devil:/>/>

BOOM

Edited by euponitone
  • Like 3