The Greyhound Throwdown!

I wonder how many more shows Crown will perform this year as opposed to BD... 5? 6?

I counted 7, BD has 28, Crown has 35. Both counting Finals week shows

• Like 1

Maybe symbolic of the "no one left behind" philosophy?

Correct No brother left behind

Maybe symbolic of the "no one left behind" philosophy?

Maybe so. I really like the Scouts, but I wonder why they would include something that could potentially put them at risk for scrutiny.

Are you serious?? Did they actually simulate taking dead bodies off the field? Why on earth would they do this?

Yes. They take "pretend" dead bodies off after they have been shot on the field. One lays dead for quite some time.

Some audience members seem to react positively to it on an emotional level. I have seen it live three times and try not to be

offended, but can' t help it. I sit clapping at the end as others around me stand and applaud. Sorry, too many friends and family killed

in service. This greatly surpasses Cadets pulling the 9/11 thing in Madison at finals a few years back. 2001?

• Like 1

Maybe so. I really like the Scouts, but I wonder why they would include something that could potentially put them at risk for scrutiny.

I can't believe people are actually offended by this...

• Like 8

Yes. They take "pretend" dead bodies off after they have been shot on the field. One lays dead for quite some time.

Some audience members seem to react positively to it on an emotional level. I have seen it live three times and try not to be

offended, but can' t help it. I sit clapping at the end as others around me stand and applaud. Sorry, too many friends and family killed

in service. This greatly surpasses Cadets pulling the 9/11 thing in Madison at finals a few years back. 2001?

2003 IIRC.

Scouts:

Lots of testosterone. Lots of same effects

Would like more finesse musically and visually

A great corps however

Taking the dead off the field offends me, may be just me

Several ensemble tears tonight

Tons of synth overload

Good ending

Crowd reacted well. Some around me also bothered by taking dead off field stuff

I believe they did the same in '97 with the dead pirate captain. If you're selling the production from beginning to end, why wouldn't you carry the dead off the field?

• Like 1

2003 IIRC.

2002. They had the Madison fire department come in too and run the lights and sirens as they finished their show. American Revival was the name of the show

I can't believe people are actually offended by this...

I'm not offended, just surprised. Seems like it might be risky.