Why cant SCV be in the mix with the top 3

Can't have four groups in the top three.

There have been two groups in the top one before (1996, 1999, 2000) and three groups in the top two before (2001), so it is possible.

• Like 1

.65 back of Cadets says they are for now

• Like 2

.65 back of Cadets says they are for now

And if they could cherry-pick moments to be a for now, after a Regional is absolutely the best time.

• Like 1

SCV in 3rd is definitely achievable given recent scores, and I'm sure the audience feedback is very encouraging as a performer. I do not think it is likely, but it definitely looks more possible today than it did a week or two ago.

Agreed. The chances of at least a third place finish have increased a bit in the last two weekends. They have shown upward momentum not only in closing the scoring gap to the top three slightly but also--just as importantly--in improving their caption ranks. To move up, it's very helpful to beat the corps ahead of you in a good (and growing) number of captions. They have improved slightly in this regard in eliminating some of their 5th and 6th place subcaption ranks and adding a few in the top three over the last two weekends. They would need to continue this trend into Allentown and quarterfinals to pass a top three corps. It's also going to only be possible if judges give them actual GE scoring credit for audience impact and overlook what GE judges have traditionally considered a more important element of show design: innovation... which the top three do better.

Santa Clara will rise...but who will fall?

I'm a little bit new to DCI scorings, can someone explain the 1st in the Visual Proficiency Achievement sub-caption that SCV got at Atlanta?

I'm a little bit new to DCI scorings, can someone explain the 1st in the Visual Proficiency Achievement sub-caption that SCV got at Atlanta?

Means that they achieved their visual program better than anyone else, relative to their content. It doesn't mean a whole lot relative to the competition, but means that they're achieving their book very well

When Jean Valjean shouts "I am Sparticus!" there will be no stopping SCV!! :rolleyes:

• Like 1