Murfreesboro Mayhem

Also, can someone please explain what the electric guitar pit break and the strange stomping visuals? Doesn't make a lot of sense to this sports fan

I don't think I saw a response to this, so I'll just say: the stomping is a reference to Najinsky's original choreography for Stravinsky's ballet. A stomping motif structured the Ballet Russes' entire show.

Actually -- totally geek moment -- soon after the moment you mention, 4 members of BD's hornline are actually performing Najinsky's original choreography note for note. When the corps is reassambled into a block and playing those staccato notes from the "Augurs of Spring" movement, 4 members of the hornline have broken from the block and are stomping and jolting their bodies to the accents in the music. They are literally performing a move from this same moment in the original ballet.

(In case you're curious: watch about 3 minutes and 38 seconds into

reconstruction of the original.)

I think it's a very cool easter egg -- like the coolest thing ever -- but mileage may vary.

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 4

I don't think I saw a response to this, so I'll just say: the stomping is a reference to Najinsky's original choreography for Stravinsky's ballet. A stomping motif structured the Ballet Russes' entire show.

Actually -- totally geek moment -- soon after the moment you mention, 4 members of BD's hornline are actually performing Najinsky's original choreography note for note. When the corps is reassambled into a block and playing those staccato notes from the "Augurs of Spring" movement, 4 members of the hornline have broken from the block and are stomping and jolting their bodies to the accents in the music. They are literally performing a move from this same moment in the original ballet.

I think it's a very cool easter egg, but mileage may vary.

Thanks for the great insight! I love how in depth the creative team at BD goes.

This video also has some insight from Scott Chandler. Very smart and creative minds over at the Devils.

Edited by HiddenMonster
  • Like 1

I think it's a very cool easter egg, but mileage may vary.

I found a fellow nerd! :)

I noticed this exact same thing. And love it. And this is why they are winning. Because of these details.

• Like 2

I found a fellow nerd! :)

I noticed this exact same thing. And love it. And this is why they are winning. Because of these details.

I'm gonna be "that guy" and say that isn't really a hidden winning detail so much as a "if you don't have this in your show then what the hell is wrong with you." To me it's not a tiny hidden detail so much as a very expected inclusion.

As a side-note: Is there copyrights/patents on Choreography? I'm just wondering if they had to pay someone to do that considering how famous it is. A lot of people wrongly attribute Stravinski's music of Rite of Spring as the most controversial thing out of that production, but in reality it was actually the choreography that caused most of the uproar when it premiered.

Edited by NR_Ohiobando
  • Like 1

I'm gonna be "that guy" and say that isn't really a hidden winning detail so much as a "if you don't have this in your show then what the hell is wrong with you." To me it's not a tiny hidden detail so much as a very expected inclusion.

As a side-note: Is there copyrights/patents on Choreography? I'm just wondering if they had to pay someone to do that considering how famous it is. A lot of people wrongly attribute Stravinski's music of Rite of Spring as the most controversial thing out of that production, but in reality it was actually the choreography that caused most of the uproar when it premiered.

Well, that is just one of the infinite details.

The choreography is a mess. For a long time it disappeared and my sense is that it is public now as there is very little in terms of a "rights holder" to attribute it to.

Hope that doesn't make me come off as stupid. I could be very very very wrong. :D

To answer the question: The poles represent trees in the forest, they also represent the quasi alter in the center where they hold the selected virgin that is eventually sacrificed.......feature of the Rite. The half circles are used by the guard, in part, to represent horns on antelope. The long dressed guard are the indian (russian indian that is) dancers of which one is selected as a sacrifice to spring. Many other guard represent, among other things.....the animals of the forest. This is an old, very old story....Stravinsky spent his youth in the region of Russia that told these stories and the music in the region inspired his Rite of Spring.

I'm so happy they'll announce that so everyone gets it

:rolleyes:/>

• Like 3

I think it's a very cool easter egg -- like the coolest thing ever -- but mileage may vary.

Rite of Spring was a ballet 100 years ago.

Now that the show has a real ending, people know when to clap for once? Instead of it just fading out, there's a real ending to the show.

From the movie, "Amadeus"...

Salieri: You know you didn't even give them a good *bang* at the end of songs, to let them know when to clap?

Mozart: I know, I know... maybe you should give me some lessons in that.

well, the feed watching on dvr sucks too. not hopeful for Sunday.

recaps:

that .6 between content and performance for Crowns percussion says a HUGE mouthful. The .5 for BD between the two also is interesting.

Crown performer over content in GE vis...wow. Crown in the visual captions...really wow.

My hunch is spreads tighten back up Sunday. gonna be interesting

I wouldn't mind SCV medaling at all. Then next year it would be an easy springboard up to 1st for them. :thumbup:/>

Hey, I'm a SCV honk since they won VFW nationals in 71 so I'm ...well....

There are a few stale moment visually that might hold them off but, I think Crown has peaked or will very soon, Cadets had suck a bad night guard wise I just don't know.

I would love to see BD / SCV / who cares :devil:

But I hope it will be BD / Crown / SCV :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy: