Allentown 2013

Boy, I hope that's not the case. If Crown does win, I want it to be because they are the best corps, not because of some political reason.

I agree. Crown is right in this thing, and if they win it, it will be deserved even if fans have to use mental telepathy of collective energies to help push them over the finish line.

In order to win this years title, BD will have to withstand 2 back to back nites in Indy of an audience filled with fans that will not be pulling for them after their performance show. I know that BD has the toughness to probably withstand those 2 nites. But my hunch is that Carolina Crown gets just enough out of their Percussion line on Finals Night to win it with a spirited performance. But who knows, we'll see.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 5

It is so close. BD is not assured a win at all. Several times in the past, the drum line has prevented them from winning, but tonight, the great drum performance gave them the spread to eek one out.

My read is the week at Indy for BD rests on the drum line's ability to be consistent each time out. That is tough to do emotionally several times in a row.

On the flip side, imagine the incredible pressure on Crown's percussion section: to have the feeling that you are the primary reason Crown is not winning DCI right now would have to be unbearable. To go into DCI Finals week with the perception that if the percussion section cleans up they could win DCI, but if not you will certainly lose? Wow

• Like 6

Scouts in 9th now. Really?...Really?!

• Like 5

I agree. Crown is right in this thing, and if they win it, it will be deserved even if fans have to use mental telepathy of collective energies to help push them over the finish line.

In order to win this years title, BD will have to withstand 2 back to back nites in Indy of an audience filled with fans that will not be pulling for them after their performance show. I know that BD has the toughness to probably withstand those 2 nites. But my hunch is that Carolina Crown gets just enough out of their Percussion line on Finals Night to win it with a spirited performance. But who knows, we'll see.

Group think has an influence ....and this is an activity judged by humans. Audience reception can inflate a performance or deflate it. I agree that BD is too professional to not give 100%, but "home field advantage" is a scientifically proven phenomenon. Crown is not the "home team" but the crowd will be on their side.

I think without a doubt the crowds played major role in Phantom's rise in 08. I've never heard anything quite like it. I don't think Crown will receive that sort of applause, but you never know what will affect their performance or the judges perception of their performance.

• Like 1

Scouts in 9th now. Really?...Really?!

I was wondering if this point would pop up.

On the flip side, imagine the incredible pressure on Crown's percussion section: to have the feeling that you are the primary reason Crown is not winning DCI right now would have to be unbearable. To go into DCI Finals week with the perception that if the percussion section cleans up they could win DCI, but if not you will certainly lose? Wow

I think it has just as much to do with writing as it does performance.

• Like 1

Scouts definitely do not deserve to be placed 9th.

Well, where would you have them? I think they are very close with Cavaliers, but behind Boston. No question Scouts are entertaining, but competitively, they absolutely have a ceiling around 8th. Cavies were scored a bit high tonight, IMO.