Santa Clara's Flag Code Disrespect

Did you read his post?

Yes. Every word. It clearly says he wrote the drill and music. I did not however click on the video the first time through. Now I get it. I was trying to confirm. I was going to tell him after confirmation that if that was so he did a fantastic job. I rarely ever click on anyone's video links. Sorry...

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 1

And the results are in! The wining post of the dumbest thing on DCP goes too………………..

“Santa Clara's Flag Code Disrespect”

Dumb outrages I remember from DCP past:

2004 - Crown's bohemian themed show is promoting an unhealthy, unwholesome lifestyle to kids! (Seriously, someone posted this).

2005 - Cadets show is promoting violence because the color guard outfits look Uma Thurman's out fit from Kill Bill! (This poster was apparently unfamiliar with Bruce Lee).

2008 - Phantom's show is too violent! Families with young children and sensitive artistic types will be offended!

2010 - Marc Sylvester is wearing a Che Guevara t- shirt! He's advocating for a dictatorship of the proletariat!

This will make an excellent entry for 2013.

• Like 3

Obviously not even a little bit...

Read every single word. I did not, however click the video - which I assumed was of SCV. Changes the whole context. Sorry.

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 2

Couldn't find a good angle of the flags in question behind the props (a split second glimpse from Buffalo offered that it's blue white and red, but the freezeframe is too blurry to make out any more detail), but here is the soloist's flag that one poster mentioned

gqtRnGM.png

Couldn't find a good angle of the flags in question behind the props (a split second glimpse from Buffalo offered that it's blue white and red, but the freezeframe is too blurry to make out any more detail), but here is the soloist's flag that one poster mentioned

gqtRnGM.png

Which is not a regulation flag. The ones in the back are either exactly the same, or the same without the "Liberté", still making them non-official, as they are the standard curved rectangle color guard shape.

This! ! (Tony DiCarlo's babysitting duties to the side.)

If Mr. Dicarlo is sooo busy babysitting his grandson then DCI should replace him and have someone who will do the job and not spend his time babysitting! (There is NO REASON that a young child around 5 years old should be on the field if they are not part of a competing corp)

The two million + French men and women who died in the past century while defending their country (about twice as many as the number of Americans who have made a similar sacrifice ever) might disagree with you.

Yeah, yeah . . . relax, it's a joke, etc. I'm sure everyone would be relaxed if a similar joke had been made about America and American soldiers. This is the sort of ignorance and disrespect we should concern ourselves with, and not some imagined slight that may or may not have occurred in the middle of a marching band show.

Glad you said something so I didn't have to. Nevermind the fact that they were instrumental in our own war for independence (regardless of whether they were just doing it to #### off England...)

Edited by euponitone
  • Like 1

And yes, if that is the flag, i dont have a problem with it. And i think you would be hard pressed to find anyone from France being offended either.

Yes. Every word. It clearly says he wrote the drill and music. I did not however click on the video the first time through. Now I get it. I was trying to confirm. I was going to tell him after confirmation that if that was so he did a fantastic job. I rarely ever click on anyone's video links. Sorry...

I can see (a little bit) how it would be confusing, as I didn't state that this was the show the French corps put on. I thought the surrounding comments would make that clear (and the fact that I obviously didn't write vanguard's production...does anyone write drill AND music for a top dci corps all by themselves...??). But, no big deal...

• Like 1