Participation in DCP

I am curious to the participation of posters here.

I come here from June to August and then leave the place not returning to the following June.

How many of you continue posting on the "off season" and is it really quiet during that time?

Am I missing something September-May?

I personally lurk all year, posting when something piques my interest.

Love me some DCP. :smile:

in the past -- when I used to look at the stats - participation is highest July & August and the week following finals

it drops very low in September/October (about half) and then climbs slightly in November around first camps

December/January used to be the slowest activity months of all - then a slow, steady climb to June (about 65% of peak)

Finals week (back in the day) DCP regular has tens of thousands of visits and loads a ton of page views / similar in stats to DCI.org

MOST users NEVER post - in fact in the past some 70% never registered for a free membership - and even when they did more than half didn't post a single time

About 10% of the active members represented 95% of the posts

Jeff Ream is the most active member overall

When I used to own DCP we did a survey at a couple local shows - about 40% had heard of DCP and 30% used it "regularly" -- higher than we thought at the time

Hope this helps,

G.

• Like 4

Because of my crazy school schedule I rarely get to come here with any regularity during the off season. I do lurk as much as I am able and look for interesting tidbits. I know that I'll be hoping to see good news for Glassmen on these pages in the weeks/months to come. (please please please good news!) And of course the show announcements and the off season hype are fun. But I usually spend more time on DCP starting in late May.

All year for me.

Jeff and I go back to the "Dixon" years. cool.gif

Edited by skajerk

I check in periodically, but rarely post, during the offseason. There's definitely some good content, e.g. Garfield's analysis of all the 990s last spring.

January is usually a good time to take a peek: read over the annual G7 extortion attempt, find out whether we've legalized bassoons for the coming year, and so forth.