Chat Room for Prelims and Semis!

If the powder gets on the field, I expect it would be a penalty

They are pretty adamant about not leaving anything anywhere in Indy. A couple years ago one corps (that I will not name) was threatened with a penalty for leaving trash in the warm-up area.

If the powder gets on the field, I expect it would be a penalty

So that means no cocaine for the judges till after the show.

• Like 5

If they do it in the park (warm up area) they'd still get penalized. You can't leave residue anywhere.

Funny-but-not-really story, sort of/mostly related:

A few years back, a Percussion Independent World group was warming up at WGI Finals. It was raining, and when they unrolled their floor a pool of water 'leaked' out onto the arena floor. They didn't wipe it up, and the clock rolled the rest of the competition night until they finally got a HUGE penalty for it. Essentially, having a 'foreign object' on the floor is dangerous to members/staff, and should be penalized. Sometimes it might seem goofy, but I've heard of corps using water (before it was illegal), getting it on the field, and then corps after slipping on the wet turf.

• Like 1

Finally seeing Crown and BD today. I'm excited.

Funny-but-not-really story, sort of/mostly related:

A few years back, a Percussion Independent World group was warming up at WGI Finals. It was raining, and when they unrolled their floor a pool of water 'leaked' out onto the arena floor. They didn't wipe it up, and the clock rolled the rest of the competition night until they finally got a HUGE penalty for it. Essentially, having a 'foreign object' on the floor is dangerous to members/staff, and should be penalized. Sometimes it might seem goofy, but I've heard of corps using water (before it was illegal), getting it on the field, and then corps after slipping on the wet turf.

In our local circuit a few years back the top group drumline in Scholastic Open was dumb enough to get their floor wet because they practiced outside and it rained. The opened it in the arena, got water everywhere, and were hammered by the T&P judge, who actually didn't give them a big *enough* penalty. Still, cost them the championship and they left the circuit in a huff as a result.