Has MIM Buffalo damaged DCI's image in new and resurgent markets o

How many encountered a similar experience this past Monday? Arrived in the parking lot at 6:45. Stood in line at 6:55. Still in line as the National Anthem was sung at approximately 7:35. Getting scanned by Security half way through Cadets. Hit the tunnel at the Cadets closer. Not allowed to sit by the usher as Phantom was preparing to take the field. Pushed the usher out of the way as Vanguard was introduced. Judging by the number of people in line and in the tunnels, I am assuming in excess of 5 to 7 thousand others had the same experience, many whom, excepting the large contingent of Cadets families, were new to the activity or had rediscovered it with DCI's return to Western New York. I would guess, given the volume and agitation of their rancor, they are not coming back and they seemed intent on making certain as many as possible are of the same opinion. Contact with producers of the event first deflected blame to Security finding scores of contraband at the gate. When this was challenged with the observation that in excess of 5000 people were standing in line and noticed none of this, they then indicated it was actually the Bills' (the event staff) fault. When they were informed the Bills had indicated that the event promoters were responsible for the staff, the balame shifted yet again to the ticketing agent and refused to profer refund or compensation. I understand the shoestring budget and immense logistical difficulties in returning the activity to an area that has experienced a 5-7 year absence of drum corps; but, these actions seem to be of one that is attempting to make that prior hiatus a permanent one. Thoughts?

• Like 3

DCI. ?

I thought this was a Music in Motion show.

Agree on the fuster cluck on several levels for this show.

I don't blame you for the extreme frustration. But the one thing that was not cool about your reaction was pushing the usher. Not trying to put you on the defensive here, but they would have been within their rights to eject you without a refund for that, and in many facilities with pro football ushers, there's a good chance that would happen. I'd encourage you to stay cooler next time.

We had a similar experience at the Indy 500 this year. We go every year, and it took a lot longer to clear security this time than usual. I figured it had something to do with the facts that the Speedway allows spectators to carry in backpacks and coolers (just no glass bottles and there is a size limit for the coolers and backpacks, but those all were searched more carefully this year) and that there had just been the Boston Marathon bombing six weeks earlier. There was a terrorist alert over this past weekend, so that may have slowed security check-in in Buffalo.

• Like 1

It must vary from stadium to stadium.

No issues at all in Metlife for this event last season.... apart from the feckin rain that is!!!

Edited by 3rd Glasgow BB

Agree on the fuster cluck on several levels for this show.

I don't blame you for the extreme frustration. But the one thing that was not cool about your reaction was pushing the usher. Not trying to put you on the defensive here, but they would have been within their rights to eject you without a refund for that, and in many facilities with pro football ushers, there's a good chance that would happen. I'd encourage you to stay cooler next time.

We had a similar experience at the Indy 500 this year. We go every year, and it took a lot longer to clear security this time than usual. I figured it had something to do with the facts that the Speedway allows spectators to carry in backpacks and coolers (just no glass bottles and there is a size limit for the coolers and backpacks, but those all were searched more carefully this year) and that there had just been the Boston Marathon bombing six weeks earlier. There was a terrorist alert over this past weekend, so that may have slowed security check-in in Buffalo.

Not us, the parents of the 12 year old getting frisked.